Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that copying a card with "Double word score, trash after use" means that you triple the word score, AND that the card doing the copying is also trashed, but is "Trash After Use" by itself (as on the 2-cent vowels) an ability? I believe it is, but I'd like confirmation.

Specifically: My word starts with a card that says "Copy ability of an adjacent card", and the second card is a 2-cent vowel. Since the first card's ability is not optional, my assumption is that both cards must be trashed after scoring. True?

-djm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Montes
Argentina
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the same way as you. I think "an ability" is everything written in the card below the letter itself, but official confirmation would be great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
Centerville
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hmm - hasn't come up before to accidentally trash a card you don't want from the 2c cards. I'd say you can copy a 'blank' ability instead of the trash after use, if you have a card on the other side. Otherwise copying and trashing makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
I'd say you can copy a 'blank' ability instead of the trash after use, if you have a card on the other side. Otherwise copying and trashing makes sense.
Hmm, hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense. I wonder what would've happened if I had had the copy card between a blank and a 2-cent. I probably would've been here asking "Can I choose to copy a "blank" ability if I want?"

I think we can agree that the answer to that would be Yes. And also agree that in the original situation (copying card at far left next to a vowel), the copy card would have to be trashed.

Thanks for the input - and for the game!

-djm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls