5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Merc co-op vs hunky dory team co-op rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T Owen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, wanted to share a little story. First, understand that this was all done lightheartedly and no one was downright angry with anyone else.

The other night, I, my son and his girlfriend play a session of Gloomhaven. My son picks up the Battlegoal that requires him to kill an elite. If he manages this, he will be the first in any of my groups to clear three check marks and the first to utilize the perk function.

The rule for us on table talk is that you can say darn near anything except tell us what your specific card is or word for word what it does, the exact number of your initiative, or spill the beans on what your battle goal is. Well my son spurts out, "Guys, leave the Elite alone. I need to be the one to kill him. whistle"

His girlfriend (this still brings me to a chuckle) looks over at him with a "you're a dumbass for violating the rules" devil look and then proceeds to ensure she kills the elite in front of us because he "cheated". The rest of the scenario she proceeds to actively engage Elites to kill them or does nothing to help him kill one.

Talk about group dynamics in a "mercenary" setting as Isaac intended. Lol. My son then actively tries to thwart her in achieving what he thought was her goal. He was wrong. This made us all laugh pretty hard at the end when she finally reveals what her actual goal was to us. The tension was high as you never knew what the two of them were planning while we were in combat and everything was even more sub-optimal then normal. Ultimately we won, but the true "mercenary" like interactions made for one extra heck of a fun gaming
session .

I love this game! Thanks again Isaac! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Want to come visit NJ with your PNP Copy and play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for sharing the session. It reminds me one of DnD sessions, where or dungeon master fell asleep and when he woke up after two hours only one hero remained alive. The other ones killed each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Owen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will, I wish. In Ohio. Can't get enough of this game. This is most definitely my favorite game out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Owen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
Thank you for sharing the session. It reminds me one of DnD sessions, where or dungeon master fell asleep and when he woke up after two hours only one hero remained alive. The other ones killed each other.
That is funny. I bet that was interesting to explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls