Castellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Juggler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some doubts about The Juggler special ability. Which one is correct?

1. This ability allows to change positions only from left to right (and from right to left).

2. This ability allows to change positions from left to right. It also allows to change up-down positions. Upper goes one space down while lower goes one space up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:
I have some doubts about The Juggler special ability. Which one is correct?

1. This ability allows to change positions only from left to right (and from right to left).

2. This ability allows to change positions from left to right. It also allows to change up-down positions. Upper goes one space down while lower goes one space up.
Second one: Juggler allows the swap of two orthogonal (sides touching, not corners) tiles ignoring stacking rules in their new positions. This lets tiles be swapped up-down, left-right (and vice-versa). There is a picture on the player aid card that also shows this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I've just started and learning how to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scribes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Titanium SGOYT poster. At least 250 geeklist items posted!Microbadge: Doh! I thought I was winning!Microbadge: Half-hour game fanMicrobadge: Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch fan
SolarJ wrote:
Juggler allows the swap of two orthogonal (sides touching, not corners) tiles ignoring stacking rules in their new positions. This lets tiles be swapped up-down, left-right (and vice-versa). There is a picture on the player aid card that also shows this.
Both the book example and the Player Aid shows that one of the tiles being swapped is the uppermost in it's column. However, unlike Pyro Pt 2 where the tile must be free to move, the Juggler rule makes no such distinction. So switching 'buried' tiles is permitted, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely! Any orthogonally adjacent tile buried or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only just started playing and I thought it was only a horizontal switch, so thanks for the clarification. The ability to switch vertically will make it a better power.

Actually, I came here to say that I think the Juggler special ability seems much weaker than the other three. Maybe that's just because I've been playing it wrong. What do you all think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My rating in descending order

Chameleon
Seer
Pyro
Juggler

But really they are all situational. Chameleon power is not so good early game. Seer gives some breathing space. Pyro is expensive but powerful in larger structures. Juggler is a stalwart power especially useful when transitioning ordeals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls