Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

First, grab the manual and go to the picture where they explain how the action "Move and sell" is played.
I noticed that with step F, they decide to place a productionbuilding on the cemetary [3 points]. Wouldn't it have been better to place it on the row with the corn? And thus scoring 5 points instead? Am I missing something here?

thanks for the clarification
/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are confusing coins and points!

The player in the example will receive 3 cash instead of 5.
But will be certain to gain 5 points at the end of the game instead of 1.

Points are the small read numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mea culpa! Sorry... Of course I meant coins / gold / currencies / whatever one would like but that was not the point actually :-)
Have you looked at the example? The question is : why doesn't that player put his wooden marker on the "5" [corn] instead of the "3" [cemetary] ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl-Gustaf Samuelsson
Sweden
BorĂ¥s
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Mik. He isn't "marking word", but says that this is actually the best tactical play. As the current price table is, it will actually give you 4 more points at the end then selecting the corn AND as you are two players now on the graveyard, it's a better chance that someone of you will try to increase the price of the graveyard!
If you choose corn, sure you will get 2 more in cash, but currently this is 4 points less in the end game and nobody want to help you get the next level if they can avoid. As the price table look like, the end game is pretty close.
/Carl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mik : first : my apologies! Dang, it would've been great if I had been a bit more awake when I replied ;-)
So thanks Carl and Mik for clarifying this! To be honest : I wasn't thinking past the initial rules and understanding all of the consequences [the game will be played this weekend so alas, I had no game experience to back up my initial question].
To further complify things : I've looked again at the picture but as you stated "currently, this is 4 points less in the end", I'm a bit baffled : the yellow player is sitting there all alone and true, the cemetary is worth 2 more at the moment [at '3'] and the corn is set one lower [at '1'] and this row doesn't have any markers of any players. So, the red player will immediately get 5 [as we all agree] on the last row and in the end, if the price doesn't changes, he will get 1. Making a total of 6 I suppose? While the cemetary row will initially earn him 3, and 3 at the end of the game : again a 6.

Know what : I'll just play Hermagor this weekend and see if it I'll clear up.
My oh my and geez, Hermagor certainly is not as 'light' as I thought it would be
with kind regards,
/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.