San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
the old fashioned way.

By dressing up as a scary old clown.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/11/0...

The Washington-MF-Post wrote:

“He [the 12 year old boy] was scared of clowns and I showed up across the street from him at the bus stop and he just started crying in front of his friends and ran home,” Wrinkles told The Post, somewhat remorsefully, in his heavy New England accent. “His mother called back a few days later and said ‘Thank you!’ Now when he acts bad, she just has to ask him: ‘Do you want Wrinkles to come back?’ ”
Click on the link and pleasant dreams.

Quote:

Wrinkles isn’t particularly fond of young people and got bored making “stupid little balloon animals,” he said....

“I’m just a good old-fashioned clown,” he said. “When I was a kid, it was okay to scare kids and now they’re all whiny and scared.”

And yet, sometimes scary comes to him, he noted. Wrinkles said he has received requests from people to help them dump a body

“I’ve got women calling me all the time,” he said. “Young ones, too, like weird goths with chains and stuff. I’ve had enough psycho women in my life already. That’s why I’m divorced.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Peridot: August birthstoneMicrobadge: Green Christian - we're all the stewards of EarthMicrobadge: I love books!Microbadge: Easily MisunderstoodMicrobadge: Dog lover
When my youngest son was about 7-8 and playing baseball he was scared to death of getting by a pitch. So I plunked him in the leg during batting practice - he went down like a ton of bricks and I told him it didn't kill him, did it? He got up and was fine.

One of the other dads on the team asked me to plunk his kid too. So I did. Same result.

I just realized I would go to jail if I did that these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not one of the many people who are afraid of clowns, but still there is something just a little bit *creepy* about them even when they are not intentionally being scary.

Judging by the spate of news stories in recent years, more and more clowns are doing the "intentionally scary" bit too, wandering city streets late at night and such things -- what in the world is *that* all about??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew a kid who was afraid of being electrocuted, so I REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED.

And now he's a plumber.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my high-school gym teachers had a plastic whiffle bat that he called "Freddie." If you got dressed too slowly (or committed various other infractions) he would whack you across the back of your legs with it hard enough to leave a red mark. He would surely be fired or arrested for that today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever since the clown doll coming alive in Poltergeist clowns creep me out. Good thing I'm adult and don't live in Florida anymore...my mom still does though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Follower of JesusMicrobadge: We're all mad about JonnaMicrobadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: Tenderness and kindness are manifestations of strength and resolutionsMicrobadge: 2019 Women & Gaming Holiday Card Exchange Participant
Clowns are icky, but what's REALLY CREEPY are:

-ventriloquist dummies
-Mardi Gras giant puppet heads

:shivers:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Thank God someone is toughening up today's molly-coddled youth sanz Adults
This SAME 'one', again? *Wrinkles* whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kids these days! Why, I...
[false teeth fall into oatmeal]
...fbgn mltukdld mnkeys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
HOLY CHRIST that's a scary clown. I would have shit my pants.

But since I didn't see him on the street, it's hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls