Subject: Anyone have extra cash burning a hole in their pocket... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-SEALED-BOX-Magic-The-Gathering-MTG...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Free delivery!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Does Not Ship to United Kingdom" - I'm out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is a Black Lotus or some other insanely rare card even possible in it? I feel like that was around the time we were playing and the high priced rare stuff was already not being printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is the international collectors edition which is different from the normal sets. The cards have squared edges instead of rounded and the back of the card has a gold border on it. Some of the cards have decent value and the going-rate for a near-mint full set is around $3000. This would be 5 full sets.

So yes, each set would include a Black Lotus, but they would be the international collector's edition version:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Microbadge: Look up at the starsMicrobadge: and not down at your feet.Microbadge: Try to make sense of what you see,Microbadge: and wonder about what makes the universe exist.Microbadge: Be curious. - Stephen Hawking
matthean wrote:
Is a Black Lotus or some other insanely rare card even possible in it? I feel like that was around the time we were playing and the high priced rare stuff was already not being printed.
These are not regular Magic Cards. It is the "Collectors Edition" Each box contains the full set of cards which were available in the Alpha/Beta/Unlimited set. But they are not tournament legal, the backs are marked and the cards have gold borders on the reverse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was planning a down payment on our new home, honey....but....you understand right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Microbadge: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...Microbadge: Jack in the Box fanMicrobadge: JugglerMicrobadge: This is a mooseover.Microbadge: Panda Express lover
The thing with estate sellers is they often get stuff they have little idea what it is worth. Their job is to come in and help a family clear out all the stuff someone who passed away has left as quickly and efficiently as possible. Sometimes that involves guessing. Also this could be the result of someone in the family thinking these are much more valuable than they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sklar
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be interested, but the fact that they're not tournament legal really puts me off...

All joking aside, whatever the reason for listing these, they would probably have more success with five lots of one case each. Otherwise I don't see this auction as anything other than shock value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Anybody 'cared' to inform them for their 'ignorances'? NOT 'moi'! Hell, I couldn't seven SELL a few measly cards of that around here, as I stated to these others nearby that MEIN they'll find even hath: "Lack Otis"!
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone is laughing, but $10,000 isn't that far off for these. There are 5 sets. Each has a complete set of Power Nine in them which even though they are not tourney legal sell for around $100 or more. (people use them as high quality proxies.) They each have a set (10) of Dual lands which a couple might go for around $100 or more and a bunch would sell for $50. Then you have all the rest of the cards in them as well. Add to the fact that these are sealed and untouched raises there value a decent amount.

Now, I am not saying this is worth $10,000, but I am pretty sure you could part this out and get $7000 for the higher end things. Add to this the sealed aspect and it is really not that far off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls