9 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Status - 3D Door & Barricade Set? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: Cthulhu Wars fanMicrobadge: Mage Wars FanMicrobadge: Two cocktails are better than oneMicrobadge: Solitaire Gamer
Does anyone know what the status is with the 3D Door & Barricade Set?

What is the latest news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Claustrophobia fanMicrobadge: Elder Sign Protected!Microbadge: A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game fanMicrobadge: VikingMicrobadge: Barbarian Prince fan
They aren't producing it for retail. I had asked the same questions in a different thread.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1395138/3d-doors-pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
Microbadge: Thunder Road fanMicrobadge: Space Hulk fanMicrobadge: "The best thing about HeroQuest is the microbadges!"Microbadge: A Game of Thrones fanMicrobadge: Zombicide fan
I'm sure it's be quite easy to pick up some barricades out of a kids to set to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: Cthulhu Wars fanMicrobadge: Mage Wars FanMicrobadge: Two cocktails are better than oneMicrobadge: Solitaire Gamer
Thanks. I wouldn't be surprised if they released these direct, like they did with the Ultimate Survivors #2.

They would sell like candy and CMON knows it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Claustrophobia fanMicrobadge: Elder Sign Protected!Microbadge: A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game fanMicrobadge: VikingMicrobadge: Barbarian Prince fan
I would think so! Unless they just don't like money.

My guess was that production on them was more expensive than they anticipated, and couldn't price them low enough for people to want to buy them. Who really knows?
I went ahead and picked some up on eBay - there are a LOT of doors in the pack - way more than you'd need in any single scenario, I'd venture to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Zombicide fanMicrobadge: Super Dungeon Explore Fan - Royal PaladinMicrobadge: Elfquest fanMicrobadge: Cards Against Humanity fanMicrobadge: Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
The 3D pack probably isn't something that makes a lot of sense to produce for retail, as it's tricky to anticipate demand, and it's a bulky item.
However, I think that Season 4 is inevitable at some point, and at that time, they'd offer the 3D packs again, as they can be printed to order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
I don't personally want to buy another entire season to get the doors. I already have Seasons 1-3 + Kickstarted Black Plague\Wolfsburg. That is enough Zombicide for me, and is more than enough to pass down to my children's, children.

I do however want the 3D door pack. I think these would sell fast and be very profitable for CMON. I would like confirmation from CMON concerning the comment from Miniature Market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Yep, another Zombicide Kickstarter is inevitable.
Whether or not the NEXT campaign supports regular Zombicide or Black Plague remains to be seen. Hell, we may see them both next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Another user brought this to my attention - Zombicide 3D doors available on Miniature Market. There are only about a dozen sets left!

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/review/product/list/id/42945/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls