Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found the game to be very enjoyable but not sure if we played 3 aspects correctly.

If you use the ability of a ruin card during the game, you flip it over. Do you also score the victory points for flipped over ruin cards?

Additionally, which private boats are available for purchase in 2,3, and 4 player game respectively?

Each set of red/blue/yellow cards is worth 5 points at the end of the game. Are monsters and dragr scored together or separately?

Thanks in advance for clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Will play almost everything. Unless i hate it ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
We found the game to be very enjoyable but not sure if we played 3 aspects correctly.

If you use the ability of a ruin card during the game, you flip it over. Do you also score the victory points for flipped over ruin cards?

Additionally, which private boats are available for purchase in 2,3, and 4 player game respectively?

Each set of red/blue/yellow cards is worth 5 points at the end of the game. Are monsters and dragr scored together or separately?

1 : You still get the points but turning it over remembers you that you used it.

2 : There should be a player count noted on the boats. Like for 3 players you remove all the boats that have 4+ on them. Or for 2 players remove all +3 and +4 boats

3 : Yes it's the set that counts not what monster it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My boats don't say 3+, 4. I looked for markings but don't see any

wolverine1977 wrote:
edparkmike1 wrote:

1 : You still get the points but turning it over remembers you that you used it.

2 : There should be a player count noted on the boats. Like for 3 players you remove all the boats that have 4+ on them. Or for 2 players remove all +3 and +4 boats

3 : Yes it's the set that counts not what monster it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miche
Germany
flag msg tools
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat...
badge
I see dead people...
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Copper Session ReporterMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
That's weird. Mine do....

In any case, if you don't have them marked for whatever reason you can easily determine by the influence value: private longboats give you influence at the end of the game. It's indicated on the card. Public longships don't have any influence value.

Hope that helps,
da_miche

Edit: disregard what I said above... This will still not tell you which boats are avaiable for which player count.

You should see some stylised meeples beside the name of the boat.

I had a look at the images (of course I don't have my game at hand right now):
* the Skeide (cost 1 wood, 2 gold - value 6 influence) is marked for four players
* another Skeide (cost 1 wood, 2 gold - value 6 influence) is marked for three players
* the other two boats (Drekars, 1 wood, 1 gold - 4 influence and 2 wood, 2 gold - 8 influence) are for two players

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. This is exactly what we need to know.

da_miche wrote:
That's weird. Mine do....

In any case, if you don't have them marked for whatever reason you can easily determine by the influence value: private longboats give you influence at the end of the game. It's indicated on the card. Public longships don't have any influence value.

Hope that helps,
da_miche

Edit: disregard what I said above... This will still not tell you which boats are avaiable for which player count.

You should see some stylised meeples beside the name of the boat.

I had a look at the images (of course I don't have my game at hand right now):
* the Skeide (cost 1 wood, 2 gold - value 6 influence) is marked for four players
* another Skeide (cost 1 wood, 2 gold - value 6 influence) is marked for three players
* the other two boats (Drekars, 1 wood, 1 gold - 4 influence and 2 wood, 2 gold - 8 influence) are for two players

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Will play almost everything. Unless i hate it ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked my boats and next to the title of the boat there are some silhouetts of persons that's where you have to look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steven - I missed it
 Thumb up