10 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Temporal Cold War rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about trying a shuttlenaught build for the TCW OP. This is my first attempt at this type of build. I am trying to keep the Voyager alive and be a big target so the Delta Flyer and whatever my booster takes shots of opportunity. Please take a look and give me some tweeks? Thank you.

List Name

USS Voyager (30)
Erik Pressman (2)
William T. Riker (3)
Transphasic Torpedoes (10)
System Upgrade (2)
Immersion Shielding (3)
Ship SP: 50

Delta Flyer (20)
Mr. Spock (4)
Tom Paris (4)
Photon Torpedoes (4)
Ship SP: 32

Total Build SP: 82

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Why not Picard on the shuttle? The shuttle rules don't reference any sort of limits to how much you can transfer across as long as slots add up. Maybe there is something WORFy that I'm not aware of.

Why Pressman? There is no reason to ever take him. Ever. He isn't even a 1K captain. Take Shanthi for the same cost and a much better text that is useful here.

The Delta flier photons are not great. Maybe replace them with Tactical Stations.

Stick either the Multi-adaptive or Unimatrix shielding on the Delta flier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spock is there for the free target lock, although starter Picard will give that also. Will the points work out? Pressman switches to the delta flyer along with Systems Upgrade so the delta flyer can get a four dice attack. From what I have read the shield from Systems Upgrade will stay with the Voyager so the Systems Upgrade tech slot will be useless on the Flyer. As I originally posted I am hoping to make the Voyager a big target and my opponent will ignore the nats of the flyer and booster. Unless I pull the bioship, thats more of a horsefly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
The point of a shuttlenaught is to get around the 50SP build limit. So I guess I'm not clear what points you are worried about working out. You just need to make sure upgrade slots work.

Pulling system upgrade off Voyager would make you lose the shield and putting it on Delta flier during the transfer would do no good. Inwould assume that applies to immersion shielding or unimatrix shields as well.
http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=56...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, Systems Upgrade may fill any type of slot, so you can use it to fill a Tech slot... but it does not become a Tech upgrade. Unless the "?" Upgrade cards say that they count as a certain type of Upgrade, they remain a "?" Upgrade. Therefore, it does no good for Pressman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have revised the build based on your input. I have five points to go and don't have a clue where to go. Maybe Bev Crusher or The Doctor on Voyager? I need another weapon and crew on the Delta Flyer. Any thought?

List Name

USS Voyager (30)
Shanhi (2)
Tactical Officer (3)
Montgomery Scott (5)

Delta Flyer (20)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Tactical Station (4)
Unimatrix Shielding (5)
Ship SP: 35

Total Build SP: 85

how about this?

List Name

USS Voyager (30)
Shanhi (2)
Montgomery Scott (5)
Dmitri Valtane (3)

Delta Flyer (20)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Mr. Spock (5)
Tactical Station (4)
Unimatrix Shielding (5)
Ship SP: 40

Total Build SP: 90

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyway to turn the Tinyprize into a dreadnaught? I don't find a good way to add more attack dice. I can get quality dice, but the three attack dice are way to low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Victor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
You would need Type 8 Phaser to bump it to 4 dice. Systems Upgrade would also give it another shield.

A problem with the Tinyprise is the lack of tech slots. And that's exactly the slots the shield cards need that would beef it up. So you'd need to take someone like Picard 8 to add a tech slot to it.

You could try to make it into a torpedo boat. Since there's only one weapons slot, you'd want to use Rapid Reload, Arsenal, and Time Token Torpedoes. Or maybe regular torpedoes with Lojur and Elizabeth Lense. If Tuvok wasn't so expensive, or wasn't a disable, I'd say bring him along too. (I suppose you could use Lense for Tuvok, rather than for Lojur. Especially if running both types of torpedoes, and alternating between them each round.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about tactical stations and type 8? I am also thinking about putting Montgomery Scott (tinyprize) as well. That could get me up to seven dice with a disable of sheilds and a card. I can find crew to give the tech slot for systems upgrade, and imersion shielding. Then I can take starter Picard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Victor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Went 2-1 today. Got second place. It was a fun set of matches, even the one I lost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls