Subject: Liberated Mind, 5th data pack in Mumbad cycle announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darin Flynn
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Android: Netrunner LCG fanMicrobadge: Roll for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Innovation fanMicrobadge: Merchants & Marauders fanMicrobadge: QA/Software Tester
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/11/the-li...

External image

External image

External image

External image

External image

External image

External image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card GameMicrobadge: DropMix fanMicrobadge: Agricola fanMicrobadge: Team Covenant fan
Rebirth is going to really encourage some jank!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
Lyppes
Microbadge: Cloudspire fanMicrobadge: I play with poker chipsMicrobadge: Chip Theory Games fanMicrobadge: Too Many Bones: Undertow fanMicrobadge: Too Many Bones fan
Brainstorm.

Dear God.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
TX
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Final Fantasy Tactics fanMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Western Legends fanMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fan
Seems pretty obvious, but I'm assuming Exchange of Information is "Play only if the runner is tagged. Exchange an an agenda in the runner's score area with an agenda in your score area." Seems solid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casper jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Rebirth Of The Professor. You just have to find it real quick, but then you got a program suite unlike any other Kate out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
I'm stealthy, like a ninja.
badge
I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but it turns out I’m actually a pretty damn good babysitter.
Microbadge: BirdwatcherMicrobadge: I love to danceMicrobadge: Today's Forecast: SnowMicrobadge: ellipsisMicrobadge: Wingnut
Rebirth is also pretty good for Andy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aermet69 wrote:
Rebirth Of The Professor. You just have to find it real quick, but then you got a program suite unlike any other Kate out there!
Andromeda likes this too.

Edit:Ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
msg tools
Andy was my first thought as well, but without even worrying about PARTICULAR jank, a one-of has a lot of possibilities. You can change your runner once you see the corp's gameplan, for example. If they have lots of barriers, switch to Quetzal. Or based on game state. If you find yourself playing from behind, switch to Ian.

It's an interesting one.

Edit - Obviously, this is all contingent on your faction choice, but it still makes this kind of play possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
Microbadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth fanMicrobadge: AH LCG - The GuardianMicrobadge: Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization fan
Brainstorm. Brainstorm + Twins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Tokaido fanMicrobadge: Tokaido fanMicrobadge: Tokaido fanMicrobadge: Tokaido fanMicrobadge: Tokaido fan
Delaric wrote:
wut.

How many rules clarifications will Rebirth spawn? (pun intended)
what clarifications are actually needed though?

Professor doesn't auto lose by having an illegal deck if the corp uses cerebral static.

also, Rebirth is pretty terrible for the professor imo. sure, he's got lots of programs, but no influence for events, hardware, or resources is pretty harsh imo.

the best combo i can think of is Andy or Silhouette into pretty much any other crim, Kate, Hayley, or Chaos Theory into Kit for shaper, or Valencia into Whizzard.

the cool thing about Whizzard as the backup is, if for some reason you go up against a deck few assets and lots of operation econ, you can switch to Kim instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Tokaido fanMicrobadge: Tokaido fanMicrobadge: Tokaido fanMicrobadge: Tokaido fanMicrobadge: Tokaido fan
Delaric wrote:
Well I don't know what questions are going to come up exactly, but how could they not?
i know that questions are going to come up. my point is that they will all be questions with easy answers.

Quote:
What if you install a program as Chaos Theory, then Rebirth into Kate on click 2, do you get your 1c discount on the next program or hardware install? I'm assuming you do, but that's just one possible question.
you don't. that wasn't the first program or hardware you installed that turn, and the board state remembers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Oliveira
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
Delaric wrote:
You know what's going to be really jarring is the Rebirth into the opposite gender (Whizzard -> MaxX)
Why is it more jarring then something like Gabe -> Ken or Valencia -> Maxx?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Android: Netrunner fan - NBNMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fan - ShapersMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan
Delaric wrote:
Bayushi_Oliveira wrote:
Delaric wrote:
You know what's going to be really jarring is the Rebirth into the opposite gender (Whizzard -> MaxX)
Hey, guys, take the comments LIGHT HEARTEDLY. I'm making a joke about women transforming into men etc mid-game. It's one thing to take your glasses off as Exile and become Nasir, it's another to thematically become Kate when you started as Professor.
Just because it was a "joke" doesn't make it any less distasteful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
Microbadge: Coffee drinkerMicrobadge: Shut Up & Sit Down fanMicrobadge: Dune Series fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Dune fan
Delaric wrote:
Bayushi_Oliveira wrote:
Delaric wrote:
Hey, guys, take the comments LIGHT HEARTEDLY. I'm making a joke about women transforming into men etc mid-game. It's one thing to take your glasses off as Exile and become Nasir, it's another to thematically become Kate when you started as Professor.
Why make a joke of it?
Reincarnation, which this card seems to pointing at, is a central belief of Hinduism and happens irrespective of the sex of the person startds the process as and what sex you end up being.
I would expect Hinduism to have a strong influence on a cycle set in India.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Delaric wrote:
dr00 wrote:
Delaric wrote:
Well I don't know what questions are going to come up exactly, but how could they not?
i know that questions are going to come up. my point is that they will all be questions with easy answers.

Quote:
What if you install a program as Chaos Theory, then Rebirth into Kate on click 2, do you get your 1c discount on the next program or hardware install? I'm assuming you do, but that's just one possible question.
you don't. that wasn't the first program or hardware you installed that turn, and the board state remembers.
Well that's a question I would have had then! I can't remember all the details of every interaction even though I see rules clarifications all the time.

I'm sure there will be answers, I just made a comment and you should relaaaaaxxx a bit...
um ok. you made a comment, and i was just continuing the conversation and feel pretty relaxed about it (or at least i did anyway)

i mean i am freaking out over the 17 thousand words i have due next week for school, and i handle that by procrastinating here on the internet, but this line of discussion isn't stressing me out at all. in fact, it's actually helping to relax me.

i wasn't criticising you or anything, just adding to the conversation and answering your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth fanMicrobadge: AH LCG - The GuardianMicrobadge: Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization fan
So I was thinking I could run Andromeda or Ken, but with my Iain deck and get some extra influence. Since I run Logos, I can easily get the ID switch to Iain after getting a burst start. This seems like one of the more sane uses of it, that I can build a deck around.

I think it could also work to switch between Whizzard and Kim depending on if your opponent has an asset deck.

Could work well with the new criminal ID too, face check safely early game, then switch to Iain or Gabe depending on how things go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I just have to say as well, the art on emptied mind is GORGEOUS. Just a wonderful character study.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yep, I'm seeing Rebirth wit Logos being a crim thing. Would other runners import Logos (are there new tutors that I don't remember? I've been a bit out of it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Tuism wrote:
Yep, I'm seeing Rebirth wit Logos being a crim thing. Would other runners import Logos (are there new tutors that I don't remember? I've been a bit out of it)
only tutor i can think of off the top of my head is for corp, a neutral operation that costs 4, name a card, pull all copies of that card from R&D and put into HQ

Localised Product Line

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Exchange of Information is clearly switching an agenda in your score area with one from the runners area. Seems really good if you switch a 1 pointer with a 3 pointer.

Already spoiled in the draft spoilers, but I am most excited about The Turning Wheel, as it gives criminal much easier access to R&D multi-access, and rewards running lots, and can't be purged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamakaze wrote:
Exchange of Information is clearly switching an agenda in your score area with one from the runners area. Seems really good if you switch a 1 pointer with a 3 pointer.

Already spoiled in the draft spoilers, but I am most excited about The Turning Wheel, as it gives criminal much easier access to R&D multi-access, and rewards running lots, and can't be purged.
Corp got their own Turntable

Turning Wheel is ace, I can see a resurgence of Gabe decks hot on the back of that. I could see myself paying the inf in Adam too, considering how hot you pound HQ already early game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

Turning Wheel is ace, I can see a resurgence of Gabe decks hot on the back of that. I could see myself paying the inf in Adam too, considering how hot you pound HQ already early game.
I honestly can't think of a single runner who doesn't like Turning Wheel except maybe DLR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dr00 wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

I honestly can't think of a single runner who doesn't like Turning Wheel except maybe DLR
I think its best in decks that want to run a lot, ideally once per turn or more, and not every deck does that. Some decks are more passive, or go for remote sniping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
Microbadge: Game EvangelistMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Choir geekMicrobadge: Star Wars - Imperial NavyMicrobadge: I'm a Concordia Weaver!
Kamakaze wrote:
Score a 15 Minutes, switch it with whatever the runner has stolen, then take it back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
Microbadge: Giga-Robo! fanMicrobadge: Charterstone fanMicrobadge: Tuscany: Expand the World of Viticulture fanMicrobadge: AH LCG - The SurvivorMicrobadge: L5R Crab Clan
Rebirth. My first thought (and looks like I'm not alone) was to get more influence with an Ian/Logos deck. That seems like a pretty cool thing. Andy -> Ian seems pretty strong, and with Logos not all that hard to pull off on paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |