Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mafia de Cuba» Forums » General

Subject: Reveal Role? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are asked to turn out your pockets do you show your role? Or just say you don't have diamonds. It doesn't matter as much if there are no Jokers in the game, but if there are it could.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loic Lamy
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to reveal your role.

But I allready saw people playing without revealing, it's an interesting variant.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lynkowsky wrote:
You have to reveal your role.

But I allready saw people playing without revealing, it's an interesting variant.
If your game has Jokers then you do NOT reveal your role, you just say you have no diamonds. Page 4 of the rules never says anything about revealing your role until the end of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loic Lamy
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as I wrote the rules, I know them.

Quote:
When the Godfather believes they have found a Thief, they must accuse them by ordering them to:
“empty your pockets!”. This is the only valid way to force a player to immediately disclose his take
Isn't disclose clear enough ?

But, you perfectly can play with the variant of not showing your role, then the game is more difficult for the Don.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lynkowsky wrote:
Well, as I wrote the rules, I know them.

Quote:
When the Godfather believes they have found a Thief, they must accuse them by ordering them to:
“empty your pockets!”. This is the only valid way to force a player to immediately disclose his take
Isn't disclose clear enough ?

But, you perfectly can play with the variant of not showing your role, then the game is more difficult for the Don.
When I replied at first I didn't realize you were the designer, oops!

When I read "his take", I think of his share of the loot or what he's stolen.

So if the Don accuses, the player shows exactly what they have, no matter how many jokers there are?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loic Lamy
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tehgr8supa wrote:
When I replied at first I didn't realize you were the designer, oops!
No problem

tehgr8supa wrote:
So if the Don accuses, the player shows exactly what they have, no matter how many jokers there are?
Yes, this is the official rule.
But, as I allready said, you can play the other way (showing only if this is diamonds, or, of course, an agent). This is different, not the way I prefer, but perfectly playable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls