Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if this has been posted before, sorry..

Has anyone else had trouble searching for board games in the Amazon Warehouse Deals section?

None of my links seem to work any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
Microbadge: Target fanMicrobadge: Competitive Gamer - I play to win!Microbadge: Winning is Everything! Losing is Nothing! I don't care what Dr. Knizia says!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: I've played games in Italy
Amazon Warehouse Deals are open box items and returns. Do you really want to buy your games that way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean . . . clearly he does?

Lots of them are like new. And amazon returns things for free.

You basically can't really lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
Amazon Warehouse Deals are open box items and returns. Do you really want to buy your games that way?
I've done once or twice. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. There don't seem to be as many great deals as before, though. Still, I like to browse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
abonosky wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:
I've done once or twice. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. There don't seem to be as many great deals as before, though. Still, I like to browse.
For the most part it works out for me, but a 'good' concept game required some pretty intense tape therapy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
google is free and imho faster than creating a new post

http://tinyurl.com/oqxksov

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Russell
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've purchased several games this way. I have never had any problems with game components. If I had, I would have returned the item. Usually, there's something wrong with the packaging. I have had everything from a tear in the plastic wrapping to a side of the box somehow having been torn almost completely off.

Again, no issues with the components themselves. Taped boxes don't bother me, but I can see how they would for other people. One thing that Amazon really does not do well on these deals is to state the condition of the item. It's usually something of a surprise for me. But like I said, I've done it several times and would do so again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pax domina
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Off of the Main Page, choose the leftmost top menu item:

Shop by Department
Full Store Directory
Bargains (Down at the bottom, in orange)
Warehouse Deals
Toys & Games (in the left frame)
Board Games

That is how I access the Warehouse Deals.

Also, I have had very positive experiences shopping this way for products that I have been interested in purchasing but wanted to save a few dollars.
Once you choose the item, go to the (usually) one "used" available item and they provide additional information on the condition of the item. When they say "Very Good" condition, they really mean it.

Just this week, we purchased a very expensive Lego product (Architecture Studio) from the Amazon Warehouse. Thank goodness they had it! We saved $21 off of the normal price everywhere for what amounted to a slightly dented-in box. They had clearly opened it to inventory the contents; we knew this because a sticker on the outside said so. My daughter is now happily designing and building at a more reasonable price point.

Save a few bucks wherever you can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paxdomina wrote:
Off of the Main Page, choose the leftmost top menu item:

Shop by Department
Full Store Directory
Bargains (Down at the bottom, in orange)
Warehouse Deals
Toys & Games (in the left frame)
Board Games

That is how I access the Warehouse Deals.

Also, I have had very positive experiences shopping this way for products that I have been interested in purchasing but wanted to save a few dollars.
Once you choose the item, go to the (usually) one "used" available item and they provide additional information on the condition of the item. When they say "Very Good" condition, they really mean it.

Just this week, we purchased a very expensive Lego product (Architecture Studio) from the Amazon Warehouse. Thank goodness they had it! We saved $21 off of the normal price everywhere for what amounted to a slightly dented-in box. They had clearly opened it to inventory the contents; we knew this because a sticker on the outside said so. My daughter is now happily designing and building at a more reasonable price point.

Save a few bucks wherever you can!
Well, that helped a lot. I should have been able to find it that way but something just wasn't working.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed you can sometimes play chicken and watch the price on some deals inch down a little every day. You can wait and see how low it will go but someone may grab it first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Sure, but then I would have missed your reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Burk
United States
flag msg tools
Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut.
badge
Eagle powers, come to me! Please!
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Sure, but then I would have missed your reply.
I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls