Subject: 4 Player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
This was only my 3rd game of Alhambra, and the first for the other 3 players.

I set it up, explained the rules and off we went. I've figured out that it is best to put the scoring track to one side, like you would in Carcassonne, so the market, tiles, currency decks and market are more central.

I went first, having been dealt only 3 cards that totaled 20, so spent the early game drafting lots of cards, mostly 2 at a time because a lot of low ones came out.

The first scoring card came out relatively early, by which time we all had only 1 or two tiles out. I had a purple one so got 6 points, the other three players had 5,4 and 3 points. Because I'm still learning the game , I didn't pay an enormous ammount of attention to what the other were doing, but I did notice people drafting orange cards when a nice tile with no walls came out on the orange spot.

I built a mixture of colours, slightly biased towards the more high scoring ones, but picked up a lot of wall. By the midgame, I was finding it hard to place stuff so by the end I had 3 tiles in reserve. I also spent at least one action swapping stuff out. On the other hand I did finish with a great big wall (about 15 long, I think).

After the 2nd scoring round, which came slightly later than average, I (yellow) was second, about 5 or 6 points behind the leader (red), with 3rd place a few behind me (green), and 4th trailling somewhat (blue).

Towards the end game I noticed we were all on 2 "gardens" each, so made every effort to buy one, only for Steve (green) to get one for free at the end with about 18 points of orange in hand.

I still managed to win convincingly, finishing 1st in purple, joint 1st in green, 3rd in white, 2nd in blue, and either 3rd or joint 2nd or not at all for brown and red. Combined with my big wall I got a good score with a convincing lead (about 12-15), followed by blue coming in from behind, then green about 8 points behind him, then red about 6 points behind that (I didn't write down the scores, so forgive me for being aproximate). The other players' walls were one on 4 (red), one on about 9 (green) and one on about 12 (blue).

The game went down well and I'm sure we'll get round to it again at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.