Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marwan مروان
Canada
Metro Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: VeganMicrobadge: I love Palestine!Microbadge: Public Enemy fanMicrobadge: Haqqislam - Masters of the Silk Trade Microbadge: AirMech fan
Hi...According to the rules on page 10, the section titled How To Attack states the following:

Quote:
Choose how many troops will participate in this battle. You can send in 1, 2, or 3. Your attacking territory may contain more than 3 troops, bu no more than 3 can attack at once.
If I have 10 troops in the attacking territory, I use 9 of them to attack since 1 needs to stay behind. The defender has 5 defending troops. I roll 3 dice since I'm attack with 3 troops, the defender rolls 2 dice. The defender wins, and I lose 2 troops from my initial 3 attacking troops. For my next roll do I roll 3 dice (since I still have 7 attacking troops) or 1 die since I lost 2 troops in my attack?

I hope that I explained this clearly, if not then let me know, and I'll re-explain it again.

Thanks in advance :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Humpert
United States
Dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, each attack roll is a separate event. So before each attack roll, the attacker declares how many troops are attacking (either 1, 2, or 3, noting that at least one must stay behind and not attack), and the defender then declares how many troops are defending (either 1 or 2), with each player rolling the number of dice accordingly.

Regardless of the result of that attack roll, the attacker and defender make the same declarations for the next roll. So you can continue attacking with three troops, rolling three dice, until you get down to less than 4 troops remaining in the territory you're attacking from.

Once the defender is removed from the territory, the attacker then declares how many troops are moving into that territory, noting that he must move in at least as many troops as dice he rolled in the attack roll that wiped out the defender, and at least one troop must stay behind in the territory he attacked from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each attack is an independent procedure. You can even attack a different territory in between. So, you use three dice until you have only two troops available for an attack. (Also, you can chose to attack with less troops than you have, e. g. if you don't want to move them all into that area).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan مروان
Canada
Metro Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: VeganMicrobadge: I love Palestine!Microbadge: Public Enemy fanMicrobadge: Haqqislam - Masters of the Silk Trade Microbadge: AirMech fan
Thanks Scott Humper and Andreas Krüger...Your answers have helped me and my friends understand the game better...Thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls