Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This year I'm doing something new and flying into Love Field. It has been recommended that I take the DART between the airports. It certainly is inexpensive.

However, I'm a bit worried about having large suitcases to carry (need room for games going to the flea market! And possibly games coming home...maybe).

Advice? Comments? Are large suitcases on the DART a problem? Is there a better way to do this?

Only a week to go!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big bags on DART are no problem. The real problem is the short bus ride between Love Field and the DART station. It takes about 10 minutes but it is your standard city bus which has no actual luggage space, so you will be holding it in your lap, on the seat next to you, or in the aisle. Best to rush to the back if you need aisle space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should note that there isn't dedicated storage on the trains either, but we had no trouble finding open spaces at the ends of cars to sprawl out in. Everyone knows the train services the airport so it's kind of expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking to catch a ride from a local or Uber it up for like $20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info Nathan. Sounds like we should be fine then; we managed big bags on trains in Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The kids and I rode DART from DFW to downtown during BGG♥FAM and we went right past the station for Love Field. It wasn't a long ride and the train was spacious and uncrowded. I've schlepped bags through many an airport train station and beyond and know it can be done, but if it was me and it cost less than $30, I'd consider Ubering or Lyfting it or asking a local. The train itself is great, it's the buses at either end that are a PITA.
Good luck and safe travels!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JuliaZ wrote:
The kids and I rode DART from DFW to downtown during BGG♥FAM and we went right past the station for Love Field. It wasn't a long ride and the train was spacious and uncrowded. I've schlepped bags through many an airport train station and beyond and know it can be done, but if it was me and it cost less than $30, I'd consider Ubering or Lyfting it or asking a local. The train itself is great, it's the buses at either end that are a PITA.

Yeah, we don't actually have a smartphone to do the Uber/Lyft thing. Primitive, I know.

And anyone we know in the area will be busy with the con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
JuliaZ wrote:

I think the train is $2.50 each way? Use the $55 savings (round trip) to grab a couple nice meals at hard 8.

EDIT: Although now I think about it, one of the primary reasons for flying into Love Field is to save a couple bucks on flight. Tacking on a $30 Uber/Taxi fare on top of that seems to somewhat negate the advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...to grab a couple nice meals at hard 8.

Sigh. That would be cool if we could GET to the Hard 8.

Quote:
EDIT: Although now I think about it, one of the primary reasons for flying into Love Field is to save a couple bucks on flight.

It was a couple hundred bucks actually...Southwest had some really nice deals early this year. Hoping it will be worth the extra trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the SuperShuttle $21 round-trip each way from Love Field to and from the Hyatt Regency DFW East?

https://reservations.supershuttle.com/Default.aspx?content=R...

This is my plan anyway.

Edit: Thought it was all inclusive for the round trip, the $21 is each way. bah. May need to rethink this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Quote:
...to grab a couple nice meals at hard 8.

Sigh. That would be cool if we could GET to the Hard 8.

Quote:
EDIT: Although now I think about it, one of the primary reasons for flying into Love Field is to save a couple bucks on flight.

It was a couple hundred bucks actually...Southwest had some really nice deals early this year. Hoping it will be worth the extra trouble.

So many people go to the Hard Eight!! Just go up to the lobby around suppertime and ask people, "Are you going to the Hard Eight? Do you have room for two?" It's nearly certain that someone will say yes, and you'll make friends on the ride over. We've done that several years and it's been excellent. Thanks to all the kind and friendly locals (and folks who rent cars) for giving those of us who don't car up a ride to The Meal.

See you there, safe travels!
JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.