Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We'd like to have your opinions on the videos we've made or asked our friends (like Rahdo, Ricky Royal, Nick@Boardgamebrawl, etc.) to make.

Did we forget something? Is there a need for specific rule tidbit video?
Let us know what would you like to see in next videos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun question... I generally don't like box of delights videos (sorry Ricky! Nothing personal ) however, in this case I really liked that video beat. Really showed how quick the turns can move and gave a great feel of the game. I liked the other 2 as well of course.

For a future video, I'd really like an advanced combat scenario where the heroes have accumulated some wounds, display healing, maybe a treasure card or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rockpaper Scissors
United States
flag msg tools
Well, I respect Rahdo's recommendation and got a good feel for the rules from his video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned about the game from Rahdo, so I guess that he deserves my vote.

Somewhat related: I'm not a huge fan of the intro video on kickstarter. It feels very awkward to me. Hopefully I'm alone in my thinking on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
Microbadge: Pipe smokerMicrobadge: Mythic RPG fanMicrobadge: Dachshund loverMicrobadge: DepressedMicrobadge: Hellraiser-Pinhead fan - Pinhead-'We'll Tear Your Soul Apart!'
i think rahdo's videos. they are several videos and they show the gameplay.

but recently i take lighter the final thoughts, because he is able to sell ice to an eskimo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
marcss wrote:

Somewhat related: I'm not a huge fan of the intro video on kickstarter. It feels very awkward to me. Hopefully I'm alone in my thinking on this.
How could it be made better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i also don´t like the intro vid.

i knew of the game before so i kind of understand what was going on, but i would say that as a newcomer to this game you can´t understand what is going on.

it is too fast and too much.

the intro video should be more of a atmospheric video to catch interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't agree that the intro video needs some work, but I also just skim through a new kick starter then look for a hopefully rahdo made or other gameplay video. I never watch the intro video first unless that's the campaign's only video (red flag!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cador2 wrote:
i also don´t like the intro vid.

i knew of the game before so i kind of understand what was going on, but i would say that as a newcomer to this game you can´t understand what is going on.

it is too fast and too much.

the intro video should be more of a atmospheric video to catch interest.

There is definitely a lot going on in the intro video. It tries to highlight the gameplay along with the drama. Personally it made me want to watch it multiple times to see what was going on.

But I can see how it might not be that way for some people who are looking for a simple introduction to the campaign to grab their attention. It's a tough trade-off to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
marcss wrote:

How could it be made better?
I think it's just the mixture of role playing and illustrating the game mechanisms that feels awkward. Not a big deal, really.

Can't wait to give this a play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rockpaper Scissors
United States
flag msg tools
Intro videos can be rough. I think the best ones feature *only* the components of the game and nothing else--like the kind Fantasy Flight put out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the KS video was an interning attempt to blend storytelling and gameplay, but it's really information overload. I'd re-cut it to leave the first minute pretty much as is, right up to "let's get going" and then cross fade to you, Timo in the last 30 seconds on the mountain... that footage ROCKS. Swap the 'gloomy night' image with a quick cross fade montage of art while you speak all dramatically and the music continues running, and you've got a really great intro vid I think.

And then take all of the gameplay footage and turn it into a series of animated GIFs and place on the page. That seems like a very popular Kickstarter presentation method these days for good reason. It makes the page come alive more, and helps players get a feel for what the game is like to play in easily digestible chunks that catch the eye (your current gameplay section is thorough, but sits there lifeless... it could use all those cool animations you've made)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahdo and I are thinking similarly, though I really like the tale end of the adventure part, with the evil voice and dramatic music...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
oddbod wrote:
Rahdo and I are thinking similarly, though I really like the tale end of the adventure part, with the evil voice and dramatic music...
I think Dan did the shorter version already? It should be done now.
My connection is too bad to check it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
oddbod wrote:
I like the new intro video! Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
marcss wrote:
Eridis wrote:
oddbod wrote:
I like the new intro video! Well done.
Thanks. I'm happy that it's fixing some of the flaws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls