Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really happy with my collection as it stands today. I've trimmed some games away that never made it to the table in favor of other titles that may get played more. I don't have the biggest collection but, I feel it is well rounded with games for beginners and casuals to the most hardcore wargamers.

I'm sure your collection is great too! Pat yourself on the back and post a link to your collection page and tell us what your favorite things are about the games you have.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/TracerBullet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Mashpotassium?own=...

What I like most about my collection is... that I actually like my collection laugh I sell/trade the games I'm not so keen on, and keep it relatively trim. It's not big, but it covers everything I need at the moment: solo-ing, light family fare, and a few heavier games for gamers.

(I also have a shamefully large number of unplayed games... but that also means my collection has more things to discover about it meeple )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - half-full heart containerMicrobadge: Rush fan
One need not post a link to their collection. It's already available via the down arrow under every user's name.

My favorite thing about my collection is my previously owned game count (471) is higher than my currently owned game count (440), which means my games fit in a normal room. Although it's getting dangerously close again after my five recent "Essen time" orders. I'd like to unload another hundred games or so. But I'm too lazy to deal with non-local transactions. If anyone's in the Seattle area, I have lots and lots of games for sale (and not just crap) listed here, including rares, imports, OOPs, NISs, etc., available for local pickup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
curtc wrote:
One need not post a link to their collection. It's already available via the down arrow under every user's name.
Well, ya' learn somethin' new every day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Appreciate the little things in lifeMicrobadge: Billy Connolly fan - Never trust a man, who when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it onMicrobadge: GameChat League - Gelato Division: "Discover your favorite flavour!"Microbadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
My collection has too much awesomeness by half. I trimmed some this summer, but I think it's time to do so again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like my collection because when I filter out expansions, promos, and other such things, I have exactly 100 games. It's not a lot to be sure, but surely that's an awesome number of games to own!

Beyond that, I feel like my collection is fairly well-rounded ... games for every type of gamer (including new gamers!), every type of occasion, and every type of mood. I have long games, short games; heave games and light games; games in coffin boxes and games that can fit in my pocket; Euro games and Ameritrash games; etc., etc., etc.

But what I like most about my collection is that it has a way of bringing good friends and family together to share stories and build new ones!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like my (growing) collection because at least half of my games have been gifts, and they're reminders that I am lucky to know such great people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
That game wasn't half bad...
badge
...no, it was ALL bad! Dohohoho!!
mbmbmb
Mine isn't as awesome as it will be in a couple years. It's at about half what I want it to be. Once I hit about 100 games, I'll be content indefinitely.

My favorite aspect of it...probably that I own Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases. Other games are going to have to pry the "favorite game" title out of Sherlock's cold, dead hands if they want it. It's been the gold standard, even with limited plays.

The other thing that I'm proud of is that, so far, I've sublimated some of my personal desires for longer, more complex games in favor of games that will hit the table more often in my game group. My instincts have (mostly) paid off, and several recent Kickstarter backs and purchases have produced games that see a lot of playtime, and which have inspired others to purchase them as well. These include Lanterns: The Harvest Festival, Stockpile, Lords of Waterdeep, and Tokaido.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: English syntax to Jedi not important is!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
My collection is awesome, even if others think I'm totally bonkers.

And as soon as I retire from work, I will find the time to finally play through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wünsche
Germany
Minfeld
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Gamer DadMicrobadge: I love solo gaming!Microbadge: I support Heavy Cardboard on Patreon!Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game Alone
https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/dawue?own=1&subtyp...

i really like my collection. It is slim, offers a good amount of games, i enjoy playing with my wife, enough games for groups of 6 players and i would describe my collection als family friendly list.

We started to buy a lot of haba games for my son, but i do not list them here...would like to have two seperate collections or a way to filter

i payed 930€ for all my games (i keep track of the prices, so i know what it was worth when trading a game away)

thats a price of 17€/game.

Some games where really expensive as pandemic in english, takenoko and tokaido and our never will be played version of monopoly Monopoly: Alan Turing Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like my collection because I see games the way most people see art. I look at the boxes and I see the rulebooks in my head, the great things that happened while playing them. The games simply make me happy when I gaze around my living room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I like my collection because I have no shame or sensibility. I have no problem buying multiple games with similar themes, mechanisms, and that scratch the same itch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orpheus
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like my collection because it's full of elegant Euros which have stood the test of time.

I wish I could say all killer, no filler, but there are actually several games in my collection which are trashy (game-wise, or style-wise, or both) - which I save for the sake of unlearned neophytes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like my collection because it has games I love and even more I'm finding my friends/family enjoy them as well so I get to play more often
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
None of this is real you know, right? Go out in real life and smell the roses. Unless you're allergic.
Microbadge: I purchased 100 microbadges in a single day.Microbadge: We are all going to be dead, so why sleeve?Microbadge: My contribution was deemed PyuredeadbrilliantMicrobadge: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.Microbadge: I love falafel!
mawilson4 wrote:
Mine isn't as awesome as it will be in a couple years. It's at about half what I want it to be. Once I hit about 100 games, I'll be content indefinitely.
It's so cute that you think that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: My Collection is ???, and so on
"Stated of their Affairs"
shake MEIN were 'annotated' through some other 'devising' I'm utilizing instead, although 2, if not many more of "such" they're displaying "as" these, are INCORRECTRY-indicated: "Owned". Why is this, to begin with ongoing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
That game wasn't half bad...
badge
...no, it was ALL bad! Dohohoho!!
mbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
mawilson4 wrote:
It's so cute that you think that.
Ha. Nah, I have precedent with other hobbies. I'm thorough but not a collector. My collection will continue to grow - slowly - after that point, but there's a diminishing return on new acquisitions that I'm already starting to see in small ways. I've also already done some editing and purging with older games, and will continue to cull as needed. I'm going to hit 100 games quickly, but it will take exponentially longer to hit, say, 150. And I'd be surprised if I ever get to 200.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Analog synthesis - SawMicrobadge: HomosexualMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Female Strategy GamerMicrobadge: For the Crown fan
I love My Collection, and I'm surprised I've been able to afford its rate of growth. I figured it'd take much longer.
There are currently 3 more games (and a few expansions) on their way to me.
I'm also enjoying learning about other games and deciding whether I want to play them / want to own them at whatever price they're going for / want to own them, but only with a good deal. In fact, I'm enjoying it almost as much as actually playing the ones I own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
badge
GROGnads wrote:
"Stated of their Affairs"
shake MEIN were 'annotated' through some other 'devising' I'm utilizing instead, although 2, if not many more of "such" they're displaying "as" these, are INCORRECTRY-indicated: "Owned". Why is this, to begin with ongoing?
I don't see any games listed as "owned" in your collection, though you do have a bunch in the collection anyway. That caused me to look at my own and I have some similar cases. I think these are games that you previously rated, had previously given some status (owned, wishlist, prev. owned), or marked as "want to play". That seems like a bug in the BGG database software if it doesn't remove a game from your collection when you remove all annotation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started collecting around July or so and I am actually getting quite happy with where I am at. I have a few that aren't working for me and are for trade (deckbuilders mostly). And I am starting to find the mechanics/themes I like and really focusing and finding the best games in those areas.

My goal is ~100 games (not including expansions). I think that is a pretty fair number and really should cover all my favorites or different mechanics which I only have 1 of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon & Steve
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont have a mega collection, but am getting back into gaming. Just bought these today!

Munchkin -

Core set
jumbo d6 dice set
Boosters -
Skulls & Kickers
Princesses
Undead

Carcassonne -
Big Box 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
None of this is real you know, right? Go out in real life and smell the roses. Unless you're allergic.
Microbadge: I purchased 100 microbadges in a single day.Microbadge: We are all going to be dead, so why sleeve?Microbadge: My contribution was deemed PyuredeadbrilliantMicrobadge: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.Microbadge: I love falafel!
kwk442 wrote:
craftEcowgirl wrote:
Munchkin -
Carcassonne -
Nice style. We have a tiny collection (including both of these) but it fulfills a lot of slots (coop, pseudo RPG, tile placement, currency collection, bluffing, euro) so I'm really satisfied with what we have right now.

Sorry, you can't be satisfied with your collection until you have at least 300 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Bonilla
United States
Winneconne
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really am happy with my collection. I will just sit in my sun room sometimes and gaze at its glory.

I do have more unplayed games than I've ever had, but I played 183 unique games last year so I think I can put a pretty good dent in that this year.

Based on the way *I* count games I'm currently at 253 (BGG says 371 but it counts expansions and some other things I lump into one) and I'd made my cutoff 300. That creates a bit of a problem as my wishlist is significantly more than 47 games >.>

That said, I do feel 300 games (the way I count 'em) is going to be a good stopping point (not sure I could expand much further if I wanted to) and I'm already working on turning over some of the lessers in my collection. It's tricky because my wife has a hard time letting go of anything, but she's given me the green light barring a few titles she really likes that I like far less.

I've only rated about 50% of my collection thus far but those ratings are a pretty good representation of how I prioritize my personal preferences. And just because a game isn't rated doesn't mean I haven't played it. I wait until I've played MY copy 5 or so times so I mean...I can tell you I love Caylus because I've played it tons in the past. But I only just picked up my own copy at GenCon this year so simply haven't rated it yet. The things that influence those ratings (beyond just do I really like the game itself) include how often I can get it to the table in group, how much my wife likes it, how fun it is to play solo if that's possible, and uniqueness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many gamers think my collection is awesome (over 2000 games with many Grails), but I'm ashamed of it. I'm an addict and I don't like that about myself. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
nighthawk326 wrote:
Many gamers think my collection is awesome (over 2000 games with many Grails), but I'm ashamed of it. I'm an addict and I don't like that about myself. :shake:
Shame is never good. Seriously, whatever you're doing, whether it's good or bad for you, nobody should shame themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |