5 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Variants

Subject: Crosstown Bus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay something, can get a bus pass somewhere. End IN any Street location. But cannot pass thru any streets with monsters in them (the driver isn't stupid).

Ending in the street is dangerous, so a balancing disadvantage.

Might also try to Sneak onto the bus without paying, but end up in Jail if caught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matěj Jan Morávek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why? I mean, what are you trying to repair/adjust? Slow characters are slow for a reason. Think what beast it will make from Ashcan Pete. Slow characters may obtain a map, a motorcycle or a ruby of R'lyeh, if they are lucky. Or became the Deputy.

Anyway, if you will attempt at this, I suggest it should be available only untill the terror track reaches 3, just like the General store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this idea, especially how it leaves you in the Streets. Movement is one of the most frustrating parts of the game sometimes. I like Matej's idea of the Bus Service closing at a certain point on the Terror Track (maybe 4 or 5? Some number other than 3,6, or 9 would be best)

The real "problem" that's being fixed is slow Investigators are no fun. You need at least 4-5 Movement Points to accomplish anything.

It could work something like- "Bus Ticket: Exhaust and 3 Movement Points to move to any Street in Arkham- Evade checks must be made as normal. Costs $1 to Refresh." That way a nimble character can make it into a Location, and Monsters can attack the bus. Just an idea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rationalize having to evade as waiting for the next bus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matěj Jan Morávek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Bob's twist, as a special item it makes more sense and does not break the game that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls