Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Red Raven Games fanMicrobadge: Detroit Tigers fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan
I found out about this series during the Kickstarter for the Apocrypha Adventure Card Game and have been hooked ever since. I'm currently in the middle of book 9, White Night.

What book are you on? Which is your favorite? Who is your favorite character besides Harry? What is your favorite scene? Who/what is your favorite enemy? Be careful of spoilers!

My favorite book - Proven Guilty

Favorite character - Bob

Favorite scene -
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Undead T-Rex!

Favorite enemy -
Winter Faeries
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've listened to all of the books twice, right up through skin game, as well as all of the short stories. I'm currently going through all the books again with my wife, and we're just about to start Changes.

Our favourite moment? Same as yours. That, or the big fight between a wizard and a big bad at the end of Turn Coat.

Favourite enemy? Lara Wraith.

We're super stoked for this new game, and we've got the source books for the rpg that we'll play at some point, once we can find a couple of people to play with us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pimentel
United States
Fairfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I found out about this series during the Kickstarter for the Apocrypha Adventure Card Game and have been hooked ever since. I'm currently in the middle of book 9, White Night.

What book are you on? Which is your favorite? Who is your favorite character besides Harry? What is your favorite scene? Who/what is your favorite enemy? Be careful of spoilers!

My favorite book - Proven Guilty

Favorite character - Bob

Favorite scene -
Undead T-Rex!

Favorite enemy -
Winter Faeries
I'm all caught up on the main books, but a bit behind on the short stories. There are some fantastic scenes in the series, for sure. I can't remember all my favorites, but here's a smattering: Kincaid, Archive, T-Rex, Butters (oh dear God, Butters!!!!!), Listens to Winds, Ramirez, more Kincaid, just basically everything.

If you don't like Thomas or Bob or Molly or even Marcone, you're doing it wrong. Hell, even Mab and Nic are fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right! Forgot about a certain character at the end of skin game realizing his destiny. Made me laugh out loud on the bus. Just awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Courtney Smith
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a big fan of Morgan. The end of Changes was one of my favorites as well as "Parkour!"

I have read all of the books and short stories and am eagerly awaiting the next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
Microbadge: Cthulhu For President!Microbadge: Tichu fanMicrobadge: Speed Circuit fanMicrobadge: Are the cones a metaphor? Well, yes and no.Microbadge: Coin collector
I've read all the books and the short stories. My favorite secondary characters are probably Mouse, Gatekeeper, Ebeneezer, and Mab.

I love when he fleshes out more stuff about the White Council, ditto whenever he talks about the sidhe.

My favorite book is probably Turn Coat, it was so freaking good. I especially love the moment when Harry shows up to the council meeting with Mouse.

Other great moments include the end of Turn Coat, the end of Changes, the end of Small Favor, the revelations about the island, the revelations about Gatekeeper and what he does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Curran
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Ive read the series and eagerly waiting for book 16 which I guess will come out sometime in spring or summer next year.

Favorite book is Changes, so much happens in that book but wont bring it up. I honestly feel that each book leading up to Changes kept getting better and better. Ghost Story afterwards was enjoyable but probably the one I liked the least.

Favorite Character: Molly is my favorite, would love to see her in her own series. Thomas would be a close second.

Favorite Enemy: Tough one but would say Lara Wrath.

Favorite Moment: I like the story line involving Lasciel. A few things with her were really cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Read em all, multiple times. Most recently for game research.

I don't think I allowed to have favorites (or at least not to admit to them ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
"Okay...who flushed the Mobius Tubes?"
badge
"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
mbmbmbmbmb
I've really fallen behind on the series of late. I've read up to (and started) Proven Guilty and own up through Small Favor but then got derailed by other things and haven't swung back to it yet.

Favorite book so far? I'm really torn between Grave Peril and Dead Beat. I think the latter wins out by a hair, though. Anyone who's read it probably knows why.

Favorite character? Probably Bob (a friend made me a custom replica based on the prop from the TV series...it's bad-a$$).

Favorite scene? The one from the end of Dead Beat. Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about.

Favorite enemy? Tough call but the entire concept of the Order of the Blackened Denarius is just awesome to me, so that's a good place to start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Hicks
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As a fan of the Denarians, you really need to catch up. Skin Game is fantastic, and might be my new favorite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Red Raven Games fanMicrobadge: Detroit Tigers fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan
fredhicks wrote:
As a fan of the Denarians, you really need to catch up. Skin Game is fantastic, and might be my new favorite.
I just finished Small Favors...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Demento
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Read them all. Michael is my favorite, Vadderung is up there as well. Marconi is up there, book I'm not sure if I could pick one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Parish
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am up to date, I devour each book a few days after it is released. My favorite book is Changes by far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting book 6.

Bob is the man (?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas is my favorite character hands down. I read all 15 books in succession over the last year, so they all kind of blur together, but I really like Changes. My favorite scene may or may not involve Harry fighting trolls in a Wal-mart Lawn and Garden dept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crudgington
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
I really like Odin, I think he's a lot more involved in things than it originally appeared.

I really like him as Santa Claus as well, I actually laughed out loud at that reveal

Book wise I'd go for changes as well, not only for the underlying plot and the consequences from it but also the sheer amount of High Caliber combatants on the field in the final showdown.

I'm really hoping the next book leans more in this books direction, I seem to like it more when Harry has his allies helping (especially Bob) than when he's flying solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Steinberg
United States
North Miami Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm current on all the books, graphic novels, RPG books, and short stories. Have to go over them again this year.

Favorite moment: T-Rex, when Harry does a quick disappearing act in Changes, the $1 deal, when Mouse is in charge during Changes.

Favorite book: All of them! Changes was a big one. It amped everything up another notch which so far in the Dresdenverse, seemed high already to begin with.

Favorite character: Harry first and foremost. Mouse is my other main favorite. Mouse is a beast and then some, and yet, loves to get his stomach rubbed, so amazing. Molly ties with Bob for third.

Favorite enemy: Nicodemeus < Mab < Leansidhe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Bridson
United States
Traverse City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved the series, all kind of blend together for me so can't exactly remember what happened in each book.
Love the Knights of the Cross and the Order of the Blackened Denarius.

Favorite scene: "Wait, weren't there five of you"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read all the books, multiple times (every time a new book is released, I reread the entire series up to that point).

My two favorite moments: the powerful, emotionally-stunning decision he makes regarding Susan Rodriguez at the climax of Changes; the big reveal involving Molly at the end of Ghost Story.

And, heck, the scene in Ghost Story when his friends realize Harry is standing there.

My favorite adversary is Marcone. I also think Harry needs to give Marcone a little more slack. Sure, the guy's a crime lord, but he seems to do a lot of good.

As for my favorite book and favorite character -- man, that's gonna take some thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls