Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: 3D Rubble Pieces... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Twisted Willow
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The design challenge was to make 3D models of the flat rubble card tokens. To keep the material needs down and perhaps get other uses for the piece, a pool was made. A bit of styrofoam, some sand, a cheap model airplane.

From gallery of mbroyles

Perhaps this is where toxic zombies come from. Or it's an objective to collect water from. [Which I'd boil before using].

From gallery of mbroyles

Oddly enough there were some parts left over. And the handy sprues that hold the model parts. And so some smaller rubble pieces came together.

From gallery of mbroyles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
Microbadge: Thunder Road fanMicrobadge: Space Hulk fanMicrobadge: "The best thing about HeroQuest is the microbadges!"Microbadge: A Game of Thrones fanMicrobadge: Zombicide fan
Sprues always come in handy for modelling. Best to keep at least a box full of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Schlundt
United States
Gainesville
GA
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Registered NurseMicrobadge: Indiana Jones fanMicrobadge: AH LCG - The GuardianMicrobadge: The 7th Continent fanMicrobadge: Machu Picchu
Awesome work, But do share the details on that horse-backed survivor! Although right now I'm a little zombicided out, I would suspect the options of a Western to come out (they did medieval).

I recently saw the idea of an entire zoo that was "zombified" and that made for some really unique game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Chaos fanMicrobadge: Buccaneer Bones fanMicrobadge: Parent of Twin GirlsMicrobadge: Camp Grizzly fanMicrobadge: In space no one can hear you scream.
The guy on the horse looks like Rick from the Walking Dead. I'm guessing that's the idea, anyway.

The rubble looks awesome! How did you do the water? I especially like the way there is water running out of a broken pipe - nice touch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alazṓn Theatre
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Meoww
Microbadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: I'm a gut player!Microbadge: Copper File Uploader
wagglybean wrote:
The guy on the horse looks like Rick from the Walking Dead. I'm guessing that's the idea, anyway.
...And if you zoom in, the horse looks like the one from Season 5 zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twisted Willow
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Thanks guys!

The water is Mod Podge with some drops of ink. Inexpensive, non-toxic.
The water is a clear piece of sprue, heated and bent. Good point Philip, sprues do come in handy.

The horse is me jumping ahead on Black Plague. It doesn't have any vehicles yet that I know of, so I started working on a horse that Zombicide figures can fit it. And yeah, you're all right, the Walking Dead scenes came to mind so I stuck Rick in it to see if it looked fairly reasonable in size. For BP I have some other goals... posing[?], and armor[?] to work on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Native MandalorianMicrobadge: Star Trek: Attack Wing fanMicrobadge: Super Dungeon Explore Fan - Royal PaladinMicrobadge: Dust Tactics fanMicrobadge: Zombicide fan
They look nice, great job on them. I have a question though. What 3d Doors are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twisted Willow
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The doors are some I modeled and printed up. My thoughts there were to have a door that could be pulled out of the base, leaving a threshold which marks the entry point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls