Subject: Cornfield scenario question - the Fitz Lee calvary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweet William None
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
For the Cornfield Scenario, the two Fitz Lee cavalry units (the 5Va-a and 5Va-b) have no brigade leader (though the countermix has a Fitz Lee counter and a Fitz Lee HQ).

Therefore, I am not sure what command and control applies, if any. Do they need to stay in the command radius of General Stuart of the Calvary Division? Or are they just free-wheeling, do-what-they-want units?

I am just unsure of how these two pieces can be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweet William None
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
In answer to my own question...

I see the Cornfield scenario set-up is simply a direct portion of the campaign game set-up. FitzLee himself is just a few hexes over the scenario boundary.

The only way the 5Va-a and 5Va-b can move is if they use NbH rules 3.6 and 3.4 and attach themselves to the Calvary Division command HQ - and must stay within the Command Radius.

So, in short, I think they will see very little use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember asking on Consimworls what the cavalry were supposed to be doing ... They seem to hanging around the periphery with no particular purpose. The answer I got was "Yup, they are pretty much useless". In the battle they guarded baggage, screened roads, rtc. But none of this is needed in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls