Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas FitzGerald
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to get 4 sets of 8 dice, one for each faction in different colours. I'm looking into how I can get these made, and most of the companies I'm looking at give discounts if you order more dice. If I could get more people on board, it would be cheaper for all of us! Any interest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
umbral Aeronaut
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I replied to you on r/boardgames. I'm still curious about the possibility of having custom die faces for the factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas FitzGerald
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Copying my response from the Reddit thread...

Yes, I'm hoping for that as well, but it might cost more than I'm willing. Chessex said that all the designs have to be the same to qualify for the bulk discount (colours can be different tho). I'm checking with some other companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're not aware, GW likes suing people who even approach using their IP. If you're using symbols for the factions, or any image they have ownership of, expect a letter from their lawyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas FitzGerald
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I can be sued for making things for personal use. I don't intend to sell these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested and subscribed here. Not sure what the cost would be but that would be my decision point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
commisaro wrote:
I don't think I can be sued for making things for personal use. I don't intend to sell these.
Just get it done fast is my recommendation.

See here from CitOW, where GW shut us down hard.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/626529/custom-dice/page/1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haukur Arnarsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
Ridel wrote:
commisaro wrote:
Just get it done fast is my recommendation.

See here from CitOW, where GW shut us down hard.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/626529/custom-dice/page/1
Oh man, according that thread Chessex has images from GW showing symbols and images they are not allowed to print. I am sure almost anything we can think of will be included there so Chessex would likely not work.

That aside I would be very interested in getting some custom dice to this game. I was also hoping the guys over at teamcovenant.com might make some alternative acrylic command tokens and resource tokens for this game as many of mine are starting to show wear even though I've only owned this game for a few months now :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
commisaro wrote:
IANAL, but you'd be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Idaho11 wrote:
commisaro wrote:
IANAL, but you'd be wrong.
Copyright laws are pretty medieval in the states. GW would have to prove loss of business or abuse of image. That'd be a hard case to float by a guy rolling custom dice in a basement somewhere. I'm just trying to picture a realistic scenario where one gets sued to having those in personal use. It'd be pretty surreal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Copyright laws are pretty medieval in the states. GW would have to prove loss of business or abuse of image. That'd be a hard case to float by a guy rolling custom dice in a basement somewhere. I'm just trying to picture a realistic scenario where one gets sued to having those in personal use. It'd be pretty surreal.
As I already posted, Chessex was the one threatened by GW, not the customer. They were given a list of copyrighted images etc. that were not to be duplicated.

That list might be out of date.

As for me, I'm happy with the tiny little blue dice. I'll hoard my money for the expansion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls