Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: The Butcher rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
TN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: I sleeve everythingMicrobadge: BattleCON: Devastation of Indines fan - Karin BrandtfordMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fan
Just finished my Butcher... Pretty happy with how he came out.




1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting for the "game bubble."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Carlson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
There have been a lot of good paint jobs posted so far. I've made the decision not to paint my models and am happy with it, although I do envy those with the skills.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tehnoodnub wrote:
There have been a lot of good paint jobs posted so far. I've made the decision not to paint my models and am happy with it, although I do envy those with the skills.
You're not alone. I wish I could paint these minis to the level that they demand but...lol.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
tehnoodnub wrote:
There have been a lot of good paint jobs posted so far. I've made the decision not to paint my models and am happy with it, although I do envy those with the skills.
You're not alone. I wish I could paint these minis to the level that they demand but...lol.
It only takes practice, and less practice than you might think. Really painting neatly with a steady hand one of the most important parts, but even then if you make a mistake it is really easy to go over it and fix it up. Then the more you do the less mistakes you will make. All these paintjobs are a result of hours of work on other models. It really depends on if that is a part of the hobby that you want to pick up or not. It won't happen overnight but you will get good at it fairly quickly, especially if you seek help and ask questions.

Nice looking Butcher, Wolf!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
TN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: I sleeve everythingMicrobadge: BattleCON: Devastation of Indines fan - Karin BrandtfordMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fan
strewart wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
tehnoodnub wrote:
There have been a lot of good paint jobs posted so far. I've made the decision not to paint my models and am happy with it, although I do envy those with the skills.
You're not alone. I wish I could paint these minis to the level that they demand but...lol.
It only takes practice, and less practice than you might think. Really painting neatly with a steady hand one of the most important parts, but even then if you make a mistake it is really easy to go over it and fix it up. Then the more you do the less mistakes you will make. All these paint jobs are a result of hours of work on other models. It really depends on if that is a part of the hobby that you want to pick up or not. It won't happen overnight but you will get good at it fairly quickly, especially if you seek help and ask questions.

Nice looking Butcher, Wolf!
Pretty much what he said. Im not the best painter, but what I do to practice, is get a couple reaper minis (the cheap $2 ones) and paint them up, watch some videos and practice on those. Once there painted dip them in some Simple Green and remove the paint and start again.

Im not that good, there's way better, but Im decent enough, and thats how I got better.

Also biggest point of advice to make minis look good from my experience.

Dry brushing, washes and highlights. All of which are SUPER simple to do and do so much to your mini. The Butcher is literally just 3 or so layers drybrushed,then washed, then dry brushed another 2 layers, then washed one more time, then highlighted. Thats 90% of what he is... After that you go back and detail.

That said im no expert, there are many people better then me, but learn to Drybrush, wash and highlight and im telling you, you will be able tp produce REALLY nice looking minis with very little effort.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls