Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

504» Forums » General

Subject: General rant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sci-fi-city, funagain, coolstuff,etal Why undercut pre-order? In general the KS retail price is greater then Alliance price. The retailers stupid enough to back a KS project get hosed. This is supposed to be a $100 msrp product. Instead it is a $64.00 rounded game. Because you did not have a minimum advertised price, your game is devalued. The street price is $63.99. The typical is wholesale is 50% of retail. I should be able to get this for around $32 vs. $50. I do not find 504 on KS. An example of my outrage is Ghostbusters. After shipping the unit cost for a KS retailer backer is $53.83 rounded. Sci-fi-city is selling the game for $54.95 on pre-order. Did they back the project and are willing to have a less than $2.00 profit? NO they skipped the KS and can order from Alliance for much less (I know the number but can't share)

Where can a retailer order this? and is the wholesale price close to 50% of the street price of $64?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a Kickstarter project.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, an OLGS's price isn't the "street price" by which things like "wholesale is 50% street" is judged, on this or any other game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever you're on . . . just . . . wait 'til you come down to post again, okay?
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
bobweekend wrote:

Where can a retailer order this? and is the wholesale price close to 50% of the street price of $64?


A standard wholesale price is 50% of the msrp, not 50% of the street price. Distributors also typically tack of fees on one or both sides of the wholesale. So a msrp of $100 typically means a wholesale of $50 + $5-10 in fees. When an online store decides to charge $64 instead of $100 there is no devaluation for the publisher, they still get their $50 (minus their side of the distribution fees).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bobweekend wrote:
Sci-fi-city, funagain, coolstuff,etal Why undercut pre-order? In general the KS retail price is greater then Alliance price. The retailers stupid enough to back a KS project get hosed. This is supposed to be a $100 msrp product. Instead it is a $64.00 rounded game. Because you did not have a minimum advertised price, your game is devalued. The street price is $63.99. The typical is wholesale is 50% of retail. I should be able to get this for around $32 vs. $50. I do not find 504 on KS. An example of my outrage is Ghostbusters. After shipping the unit cost for a KS retailer backer is $53.83 rounded. Sci-fi-city is selling the game for $54.95 on pre-order. Did they back the project and are willing to have a less than $2.00 profit? NO they skipped the KS and can order from Alliance for much less (I know the number but can't share)

Where can a retailer order this? and is the wholesale price close to 50% of the street price of $64?





Cool story.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Ummm... I don't know what this person is really trying to say, but... I'll try to answer some of this:

First of all, this was not a KS project. Don't even know how that applies.

The MSRP is $99.95. Retailers can order via their Distributor (ANY/ALL worldwide -- we have global distribution) at their normal discount, which as others here have posted is around 50%.

Finally, the Street Date is November 25. ALL should be ordering NOW. When I say NOW, I mean *NOW*, do it before you finish reading this. Why? The game will be HEAVILY ALLOCATED to Distributors, which means that the demand exceeds supply (not something we want to happy, but it is somewhat unavoidable).

So:
- if you are a consumer, immediately ask your Retailer to get you the game.
- if you are a retailer, immediately ask your Distributor to get you X number of games.

Once we see the sell through on the game (meaning all Distributors have sold all games to Retailers and are demanding more), we can decide on whether to reprint the game. This won't happen, of course, until 2016.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
14 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
Finally, the Street Date is November 25.

Can you clarify the "street date" jargon; does it mean that if my FLGS in Poland ordered the game long ago, around the time of Essen, that they might actually have it for me on November 25? Or that some intermediate distributor might have it on November 25?
Thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Street Date is the date that the game is for sale at the FLGS/FOLGS.
Games cannot be sold (delivered to the consumer) from a retail outlet before the Street Date.

So, the Street Date for "504" is November 25. You should be able to pick up a copy on that date from an FLGS or have it ordered with delivery on or just after that date from a FOLGS (Amazon times deliveries for Street Date sometimes).

Having said that, in North America, this works very well. Since games have to travel to Distributors across the world, the game many not be available ON the Street Date in every country. That's simply a logistics issue.

You should, globally, be placing your orders for the game NOW, if you want a copy, so that you can ensure that you get it. Retailers will not get all the copies that they want do to the aforementioned allocation situation.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
Street Date is the date that the game is for sale at the FLGS/FOLGS.
Games cannot be sold (delivered to the consumer) from a retail outlet before the Street Date.

So, the Street Date for "504" is November 25. You should be able to pick up a copy on that date from an FLGS or have it ordered with delivery on or just after that date from a FOLGS (Amazon times deliveries for Street Date sometimes).

Aha. Thanks for explaining!

I ordered 504 through my FLGS long ago, so hopefully they will have it close to that date. (They've told me that they hope to have it sometime in late November.)

The more I read about 504, the more eager (and unusually impatient) I am to try it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But I got my game already?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
But I got my game already?


So you are happy ?! :-)

Some shops bought copies directly at SPIEL, while others could not come personally to the show and need to order via the usual channels.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep defiantly
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
Yep defiantly


My favorite of the common internet typos
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:

So, the Street Date for "504" is November 25. You should be able to pick up a copy on that date from an FLGS or have it ordered with delivery on or just after that date from a FOLGS (Amazon times deliveries for Street Date sometimes).


I really wish I was sure this would ship to arrive before Thanksgiving. Really looking forward to playing some new games over Thanksgiving with the family, but I guess I might have to order something else.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.