Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Omar Cardona
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are item cards discarded after use? What about event cards that are used as an action? I know the red banner cards are good unless they are destroyed in combat, but most don't say discard after use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe item cards are generally kept, unless the cards say otherwise. The ones with the red banner are used during combat, so they go into your hand (along with punch/escape/dodge), and you get them back after combat. The ones without red banners tell you when they are played & what to do with them. Sometimes another card effect will tell the hunter to discard a particular item too.

Both the LtP + RR are very short on rules regarding "Item Cards", and this is about the only semi-relevant part. Generally you'll be told when to discard them though...
Learn to Play, pg 10 wrote:
Item Cards
When a hunter draws an item card, he takes the top card from
the item deck and places it in his hand. Most hunter cards can
only be used in combat ( see “Combat” on page 12). These
cards each contain a banner. Item cards without a banner
describe when they can be played.
Event cards are discarded when played (not sure if there are any exceptions - I guess that would be written on the card though).
Rules Reference, pg 8 wrote:
Event Cards
+ Event cards that are played or removed from a player’s hand
are discarded faceup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a card says, 'Reveal', then the hunter shows it, actions it and puts it back in their hand. Dogs are an example of this. Text will tell you if a card is discarded after use. I've not got the RR to hand, but I think it has an entry for Reveal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yes - forgot to mention Reveal.

You're also still allowed to "Reveal" a card for an effect, even if it is already being displayed faceup due to that hunter being weakened (bitten). And in that case, the card would just stay where it is (unless instructed otherwise).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls