Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnpatrick Marr
United States
Buffalo
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I've been through the rulebook thrice, and I apologize if I missed this in an obvious place, but I've got a question on cards with multiple effects. Must they be resolved from the top down? This will be relevant most often with the Society Competition in play. A card might give you a benefit on the top row for society markers in a certain position and then the bottom row might let you move on the society board. Obviously, it could be beneficial to take the movement before the benefit, but are you allowed to or does the card, when activated execute from the top down? We played our first game with the additional constraint. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same question. There are many white cards in the possessions competition that let you discard time cards to spend more money. These only make sense if you resolve from the top down so that the first time card you discard is worth less than the second and third. Based on that we played that all cards are resolved top down. It would be great to get some official clarification though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Gomez
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Wich card are you talking about?

Could you be more specific?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Gomez
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
For the 'spend time cards' just sped as many time as you want and add up the values.

So if the card saids: [(1); +clock (1); +clock (2); +clock (2); +clock (2)] and you expend 2 extra times you will loose (1)+(1)+(2) for a total of 4 pounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
cgbernardino wrote:
For the 'spend time cards' just sped as many time as you want and add up the values.

So if the card saids: [(1); +clock (1); +clock (2); +clock (2); +clock (2)] and you expend 2 extra times you will loose (1)+(1)+(2) for a total of 4 pounds.
Precisely what I said. If you could choose the order then with two time cards you would spend a total of 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnpatrick Marr
United States
Buffalo
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cgbernardino wrote:
Wich card are you talking about?

Could you be more specific?
Okay, had to get home and look through my copy for an example. Here's one: Tea With Moriarty. Top line, lose two votes for every male society token in the orange column. Second line, move one society token in any direction. Obviously, it would be a better card if you could take the movement first, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Answer: Card effects are done top to bottom.

So Tea with Moriarty means that you lose the votes for people in the correct column, and THEN, afterwards, you get the society movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls