Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a new copy of this game today, and upon getting home and unboxing, I couldn't help but notice that there were no sheets of cardboard, but everything was out and about, wherever these small tokens could hide. Everything is present (in fact, my count yielded four extra Hero/Student markers), just unpunched.

Was this game sent pre-punched (according to NVS unboxing, no), or is there a nefarious plot from a particular local game store where they open and maybe demo games, reseal them and sell them as new? Am I just being a crazy old man?

Curioser and curioser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blossercubbles wrote:
I bought a new copy of this game today, and upon getting home and unboxing, I couldn't help but notice that there were no sheets of cardboard, but everything was out and about, wherever these small tokens could hide. Everything is present (in fact, my count yielded four extra Hero/Student markers), just unpunched.

Was this game sent pre-punched (according to NVS unboxing, no), or is there a nefarious plot from a particular local game store where they open and maybe demo games, reseal them and sell them as new? Am I just being a crazy old man?

Curioser and curioser.
Perhaps you've been sleep-punching again?

Mine came from Germany and required punching. I'm not a huge fan of the storage for the hero/student/power/money(whatever it's called in this) tokens though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds used. maybe u picked it from the used section and didn't realize it? one of the FLGS' in my area re-shrinks used games and sells them in a marked used section. Their used price is about the same as OLGS new price, but that's to be expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do agree with the lackluster storage for all the little circles. I'll probably move to baggies, but I also have a baggie obsession, so...

If I were to have any sort of sleep syndrome, I'm pretty sure the pure joy of token punching would make the short list. It would be both amazing and terrible!

As far as I'm away, this store doesn't have any section like that, and I paid full MSRP ($49.99, in this case).

I can't say I'm upset, exactly, just surprised and mildly unnerved. I may have to write them a letter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls