Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harold Clark
United States
Buda
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did some searches in the forums here and also in general on the internet and didn't find anything so I'll ask the question:

What music would be good to play in the background while experiencing Asylum to enhance the story? My knee jerk reaction would be some classical music or just some ambient sounds. Any suggestions of internet radio stations or artists on Amazon Prime?

I CAN'T WAIT to play this with our close friends! (And then I can't wait to WATCH another group go through it.)

Thanks!

P.S. If you think the music suggestions in and of themselves would be spoilerish, please hide them appropriately in the thread. My initial thoughts on music comes just from looking at the rulebook and the associated images and the setting of a 1920's asylum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Cordovan
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohren and the Club of Gore (slow jazzy stuff)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zl5vpy__dQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Verschueren
Belgium
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can recommend Gates of Delirium by Midnight Syndicate. They have a few gothic horror soundtracks that are perfect as atmospheric background music for roleplaying. This one is set in a Victorian haunted mental institution called Haverghast Asylum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gates_of_Delirium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shilling
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
netfilterz wrote:
I can recommend Gates of Delirium by Midnight Syndicate. They have a few gothic horror soundtracks that are perfect as atmospheric background music for roleplaying. This one is set in a Victorian haunted mental institution called Haverghast Asylum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gates_of_Delirium
Perfect!! Thanks for that recommendation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nice! While you're at it, any music suggestions for the Marcy Case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Verschueren
Belgium
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it a bit hard to recommend music for The Marcy Case as I haven't played it yet... The box says 1992 and mentions a strange outbreak has hit a small town. Maybe the soundtrack to the X-Files is a good choice? Still, like I said, haven't played it yet, so also, no spoilers please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis K
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asylum: Best of 1940s
Marcy: Resident Evil 2, 3 Game OST
Prophecy: Lord of the Rings OST
Mask: The Mummy 1+2 OST (will)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Clark
United States
Buda
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got around to playing this. Finished it this weekend.

What I went with was opera! On Amazon Prime, I streamed '100 Must Have Opera Classics'. The volume was set to low and it was just in the background which was the intent. We imagined this was the music they were playing throughout the asylum. It was nice because normally we didn't hear it, but when we entered a new room and everyone started reading their cards, we could hear it then. Just the idea that classic opera songs would be mixed with the things happening the asylum was kinda creepy. Think Clockwork Orange...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls