Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Evolution: Flight» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-Generally speaking, when it may, does a 'Carnivore' attack another species for a subtraction of 1 in it's population per copy of the Carnivore card? If the carnivore wants to subtract 2 population, does it need 2 copies of the 'Carnivore' trait to do so?

-Do Carnivore meat tokens get turned the other way around from tokens in the watering hole, or do the meat tokens come from the food bank , prior to the waterhole?

-Is there a limit to the maximum number of cards permitted in a player's hand?

-Are there going to be any of the edition 1 cards re-done and included in edition 2, like omnivore, swimming (aquatic, which may include a custom attribute card and template), hibernate, or for example more new ones, eg. enhanced hearing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Jones
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zachary1234 wrote:
-Generally speaking, when it may, does a 'Carnivore' attack another species for a subtraction of 1 in it's population per copy of the Carnivore card? If the carnivore wants to subtract 2 population, does it need 2 copies of the 'Carnivore' trait to do so?
Species can never have more than one of a given trait. If a species is a carnivore, it has one and only one carnivore card, and each attack always and only decreases one population.

Zachary1234 wrote:
-Do Carnivore meat tokens get turned the other way around from tokens in the watering hole, or do the meat tokens come from the food bank , prior to the waterhole?
Food for carnivores is taken directly from the food bank, not the watering hole. Carnivores can never take food from the watering hole, since all food in the watering hole is by definition plant food.

Zachary1234 wrote:
-Is there a limit to the maximum number of cards permitted in a player's hand?
Not particularly, no; though if you hang on to too many cards, you're likely going to fall behind (possibly unrecoverably) because other players are using their cards to do things -- especially creating new species (which allows them to draw more cards).

Zachary1234 wrote:
-Are there going to be any of the edition 1 cards re-done and included in edition 2, like omnivore, swimming (aquatic, which may include a custom attribute card and template), hibernate, or for example more new ones, eg. enhanced hearing?
What "edition 2" are you talking about? There is a second edition already, and it just has some minor balance reworking (like hard shell being +4 instead of +3, and pack hunting being +population instead of +3).

For reference, all non-carnivores are considered omnivores, so there will be no such trait (if a carnivore with cooperation passes food to a non-carnivore, that food is technically meat; same if a non-carnivore has scavenger -- the food they get is still meat).
4 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-What happens if a 'Carnivore' has population 2, or more? If killing another species only grants 1 meat, can one Carnivore attack multiple species with one Carnivore attribute card only?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Attacking a species gains you food equal to the victim's body size. Also, you get multiple feeding turns to repeatedly take food from the watering hole (if not a carnivore) or attack other species (if you are) so you can continue to feed, and support multiple species at once.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You may eat/attack (depending on being omnivore or carnivore) ONCE per round with ONE animal that is not fully fed yet. As longs as not every animal is fully fed, feeding continues in player order.

Attacking doesn NOT grant 1 food each time, it grants food according to the size of the attacked animal.

But yes, als long as your carnivore is not fully fed, it may attack again.

[Edit: too slow...]
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls