Subject: preacher faith question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
my friend has the game , so i dont have the book in front of me to look at , but i have the book from the church that gives you +1 faith . now do i get that just for having the book , or do i have to have it equipt in my hand to get that +1 faith ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
The argument for the Pick Axe is that it needs to be equipped to get the bonus at the end of the fight. So I'd think that'd apply to the book in a similar fashion.

Though I get your confusion. There's a lot to love about this game, but some of the wordings can definitely be misleading, or have two or more interpretations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See page 18 of the rulebook "At the start of every turn each Hero may decide which Items they want to assign to their two hand slots. Any other unassigned Items the Hero has that require one or two Hands to use, do not give their Hero any benefit from their card text."

So, you will need to hold the book to get the +1 Faith

Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
See page 18 of the rulebook "At the start of every turn each Hero may decide which Items they want to assign to their two hand slots. Any other unassigned Items the Hero has that require one or two Hands to use, do not give their Hero any benefit from their card text."

True, but the rules also say you can swap what you're holding whenever you want to if there are no monsters on the board. So, when you're out of combat, I would play that you can have the +1 Faith when you need it, without fiddling over what you are actually holding. You can hold multiple things in a turn, if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
Philip Jelley wrote:

True, but the rules also say you can swap what you're holding whenever you want to if there are no monsters on the board. So, when you're out of combat, I would play that you can have the +1 Faith when you need it, without fiddling over what you are actually holding. You can hold multiple things in a turn, if need be.

Agreed with Ken here. This also means that you don't have to finish the Fight holding the Pick Axe to get the +DarkStone. You would, however, have to have it explicitly equipped during a Fight with Dark Stone Brutes if you wanted it to add to number of shards you get just for doing damage to them.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls