Hide
4 Posts

Vs System 2PCG: The Marvel Battles» Forums » General

Subject: Old Card with VS 2PCG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Baluyut
msg tools
Hi there. I joined this forum just so I could get a clear answer on this matter. Can I still use my Green Lantern Corp deck with the new VS 2PCG?

I checked the official introduction released by Upper Deck and their answer was a bit half-in-half:

"Q: Can old Vs. System cards be used with Vs. System 2PCG?
A: Old Vs. System cards are not permitted to be used in any official tournaments."

So, does that mean we can still, technically, play with the old cards? I hope there's some 'middle-ground' an old and new deck owner can get to so they can play together.

If Upper Deck released a new GL deck with 2PCG, it wouldn't be an issue. Sadly that's not the case since, at the moment, Upper Deck doesn't seem to have the rights to DC material. cry

I appreciate the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, there are too many differences between the old VS CCG and the new VS 2PCG for it to work out particularly well. Among the issues are:

The Cost to Power ratio is different. The old VS CCG cards tend to be more powerful for the cost, something that gets worse the higher the cost.

The new VS 2PCG gets rid of Stamina and everything that entails. So any cards that deal direct Stamina damage, or prevent it, are straight out useless in the new 2PCG.

Finally, the Breakthrough and Fortification (where you don't take breakthrough damage if you have two characters lined up) is gone, so any characters that interact with that aren't going to work.

There are still quite a few cards that can translate over fairly well, but ~1/3 of the cards simply won't work in the new system at all, and many more are simply more powerful than what's released with the new system for the same cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baluyut
msg tools
Thanks, Jared. Really cleared it up for me. *Sigh* Guess I'll just have to be patient and hope things change next year and they get DC rights again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can house rule changes to your old cards however you want for your own private games. But for tournaments, you can't use any old stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls