Subject: Hornbill #231 card question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nefelia Eolia
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain to me this card #231 Hornbill?
"1 point for each one of your Herbivores in the same continent as your bird."

Lets say my 2 birds are 1 in Asia and 1 in Africa (now the counter is positioned in Asia)
My Herbivores are 3 cards in Africa and one in Asia (the counter is in Africa)

How many poins is this in the end of game? We assumed its none because the 2 counters are not in same continent. Are we right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules, but based on the videos I've seen, you can't have more than 1 species out, so when you say your 2 birds are in Asia and Africa that's incorrect.

This is how I think it works: Your Hornbill is in North America. Your 1 herbivore species is also in North America, but has been multiplied to 4 (4 herbivore icons showing). This means the Hornbill would score 4 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nefelia Eolia
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all the 4 multiplied cards of your herbivores are in North America or are they in different continents?Where is the yellow marker and your counters of both herbivores and your birds ? (in your example)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Microbadge: GameChat League - Phoenix Division: "Like a phoenix rising from the ashes..."Microbadge: A Study in Emerald fanMicrobadge: Built to Spill fanMicrobadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: The 7th Continent
Regardless of the symbols on the cards you've played, each of your counters is in one continent only. So if your herbivore counter is in North America and you've played four herbivore cards, then having your bird counter in North America too will be worth four points. Even if some of those herbivore cards have icons for other continents, it only matters where the physical wooden counter is on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nefelia Eolia
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh its clear now!!thanks a lot!!!meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
Regardless of the symbols on the cards you've played, each of your counters is in one continent only. So if your herbivore counter is in North America and you've played four herbivore cards, then having your bird counter in North America too will be worth four points. Even if some of those herbivore cards have icons for other continents, it only matters where the physical wooden counter is on the board.
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls