Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CJ Hakansson
Sweden
Vasteras
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My EA Ardennes unfortunately came with severly misaligned counters. I contacted customer services if this was something they could help me with or if I should go through my (Swedish) local games shop, where I bought the game.

Less than twenty minutes later, despite the time differences involved (Swedish guy here, remember?), I got a short and somewhat stressed e-mail response from someone's phone. "Hi! Can I have your mailing adress please?"

That was on thursday, last week.

Monday morning, this week, a surprisingly nice mailman rings on the doorbell and instead of just crushing it in through the mail slot like usual, he wishes me a good morning and hands me a packet including all the countersheets to EA Ardennes.
Which are...
Pristine.
Perfect.
Beautiful.

Five days! Undamaged by both the brutal airmail services AND the normally indifferent (and taciturn) Swedish post offices! I don't know what unholy gods they worship at Compass Games, but they somehow manage to do things that to me is akin to bending the laws of time and space.

Thanks guys, you are quite frankly awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Awesome cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
I had a similar experience with really prompt efficient replacement, quite excellent customer service. (And it's an excellent game too!)

Now if only they can apply those supernatural powers to inspecting the countersheets which are first packed into the boxes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
I had a similar experience with really prompt efficient replacement, quite excellent customer service. (And it's an excellent game too!)

Now if only they can apply those supernatural powers to inspecting the countersheets which are first packed into the boxes...
That would be of not much use, I suspect, since the boxes were probably packed and sealed in China a long time ago (and breaking the seal, inspecting the contents and replacing the counters of probably a minor segment of a whole shipment would probably be a lot more expensive than just forwarding them).

One should not use the powers of the Old Ones lightly! goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
Jan Tuijp wrote:
That would be of not much use, I suspect, since the boxes were probably packed and sealed in China a long time ago (and breaking the seal, inspecting the contents and replacing the counters of probably a minor segment of a whole shipment would probably be a lot more expensive than just forwarding them).
True, interesting point!

Still, it's evidently possible for counter manufacturing to be done more reliably than what happened with this game (whatever the cause of the problem was).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
[q="Jan Tuijp"]Still, it's evidently possible for counter manufacturing to be done more reliably than what happened with this game (whatever the cause of the problem was).
Probably. I just don't think Compass Games could have exerted any influence on that (besides contracting a different factory next time).

Disclaimer: I have no stock in Compass Games, nor am I involved in any way with that company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also had misaligned counters and they sent me replacements as soon as they had them available. It might be possible to work to prevent these types of problems, but they do happen and having the company promptly fix the problem is what great customer service is about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Dano
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same experience here. Yea Compass!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Hakansson
Sweden
Vasteras
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind people doing mistakes, nor do I judge them for it. What really is important is how people view their mistakes and how they go about correcting, or making up for them. In my humble opinion, that's were true professionalism lies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the first things I did when I got the game was to put fablon (sticky clear plastic sheeting) over the counter sheets then cut them out with a scalp. Fiddly but counters are protected from getting grubby, I also fablon map and keep flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
K1LOG Ham Radio
badge
Microbadge: Solitaire WargamerMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: Lock 'n Load fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
same great customer service experienced here too. Compass Games cares about their customers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Antón
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing service. Kudos to Compass Games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy had one misaligned counter sheet. I sent them an email, got a response a few minutes later saying they'd send a replacement, and had it a few days later. Absolutely outstanding service.

Also, as a person who nearly passed on this because of a video I saw complaining about the counter thickness and alignment problems, I'm glad I ignored the warning. I've clipped all the counters now after getting my replacement sheet (using the 2.5mm tool), and they look and stack great, with all info intact in the corners. Can't wait to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jari H.
Finland
Satakunta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also here to add my positive experience!

I had quite bad misalignment on most mats but 1 week later after contacting compass games i got a brand new sheets with perfect print!

These things suck, but the way company handles is more important. Looking forward for possible second part for the enemy action series and butterfields other designs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Blayney
Canada
Smiths Cove
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Birdwatcher & Birdeater
mbmbmbmbmb
I too had misaligned counters. Contacted Compass Games and had new counters sitting in my mail box within about 10 days. Excellent customer service. Couldn't be more pleased. It just makes me want to order more games from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found misalligned counters too.. so I wrote to Compassgames. Well, I did not expect the answer in like 8minutes :-D

As I am from Europe, it might take a little time for the delivery, but still it will be better than 1 year for counters from GMT or 14 months, a lot of persuasion, desperate threads at CSW etc. when Avalanche Press owed me 3 maps....

In other words, customer support for Compass games has indeed supernatural powers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls