Hide
13 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick question on Perfect Slayer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason G.
msg tools
Perfect Slayer has a speed of 3 but is also Slow.

Referring to the glossary, Slow is defined as "A Gear Special Rule. Slow weapons always have an attack speed of 1. Do not add speed modifiers."

Does the speed of 3 on the card override the definition of Slow, or does one apply only an attack speed of 1 unless the attacker is frenzied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go with the printed speed of 3. As every other slow weapon that I know of has a printed speed of 1, perhaps the definition of slow was written before they added this item to the game. I would interpret it to mean "slow weapons always have their printed attack speed, do not add speed modifiers."

With all the hoops you have to jump through for that weapon, with all the resources it costs, I say you get your 3 speed.

But that's just me. I would ignore the Rule of Death here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason G.
msg tools
Thanks. Yeah, I have been applying it the same way as you have interpreted it. Just thought I'd double check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe it's to use with a frenzied survivor, no clue though.
Anyway as you say every slow weapon have just 1 speed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenskwa Tawa
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that in case of rules conflict, rules printed on the cards take precedence over the rulebook, so I would use the Speed 3 on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
poeticallybored wrote:
I would go with the printed speed of 3. As every other slow weapon that I know of has a printed speed of 1, perhaps the definition of slow was written before they added this item to the game. I would interpret it to mean "slow weapons always have their printed attack speed, do not add speed modifiers."

With all the hoops you have to jump through for that weapon, with all the resources it costs, I say you get your 3 speed.

But that's just me. I would ignore the Rule of Death here.
I completely agree here. As many folks have pointed out this would make this gear the Imperfect Slayer. Good finds though and could use a simple errata to clarify from "1" to "base damage on the gear" etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
TenskwaTawa wrote:
Remember that in case of rules conflict, rules printed on the cards take precedence over the rulebook, so I would use the Speed 3 on the card.
What new rules are printed on the card? I can’t see any.

Speed is defined in the rulebook and so is Slow.

You either use the weapon as slow with Surge and one speed or Frenzy and use 3 speed but no survival. It’s a balanced trade off that stops the weapon becoming too powerful.

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenskwa Tawa
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Slow rules are printed on the rulebook, while the 3 speed is printed on the card, that's what I was referring to .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenskwa Tawa
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:

Slow is also printed on the card, though.

Just because it doesn't have the entire rule text for Slow printed out on the card doesn't to me mean that a value of 3 Speed should supersede it.

But it's tough to say either way. There have been other tiny misprints here and there, this could be another. But if I had to put money on it, my money would go on this wep (as with all Slow weps) depending on Frenzy to come into its own.
Yes, I know, I decided in this case the specific wording in the card superseded the general rule in the book, but I agree it could go either way. For such a difficult weapon to obtain, I don't think it's unreasonable, anyway .

Not that I have had the occasion to try the weapon out, unfortunately. In my solo campaign I didn't get any of the two events needed, and in one of the two co-op campaigns I'm currently playing we've only just found the key to the porcullis, and we're only on LY5, so no chance of getting it for a long time XD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Götz Kirchhauser
Germany
flag msg tools
The FAQ says speed 1 unless the wielder is frenzied...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: I prefer the original TronMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
Sledgehammer72 wrote:
The FAQ says speed 1 unless the wielder is frenzied...
This post was from November 12th. The FAQ wasn't created until November 26th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls