Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: the premise of this thread is wrong. I thought Hellspawn was part of the main campaign. It's not. It's part of the Arcane Portal Sidequest. Still, the question remains whether it'll change things up in the storyline of that Quest (if it's been planned already).

Hey everyone,

I'm REALLY excited about the 500K stretchgoal. The Hellspawn looks fantastic, and I'm sure he's a worthy adversary to legendary heroes such as us. In other words, he's just what the campaign and the game needed, I think.

That said, there's one thing I can't help wondering about. The introduction of the new boss will change the last scenario, obviously. It should also change the backstory quite a bit. Will this be done as branching paths? Will it just replace the original storyline? Will we ever get to see the original storyline (straight out assuming that we make 500K)

Also, what would you prefer?

Poll
Assume the Hellspawn becomes part of Sword & Sorcery. How would you like the changes to the last scenario and/or storyline handled?
Just replace everything. Hellspawn should always show up as final boss.
Make it branching paths to Hellspawn/to the original scenario.
Make it alternate realities, with the original as Download content.
I don't care for Hellspawn. Give me the original only.
Other (please explain below).
      28 answers
Poll created by DomHiob

Lastly, let's get S&S up in the ranks of geeky hotness again! Show some love to a campaign that even now is legend. But how LEGEND will it be with Hellspawn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it the Hellspawn is the final boss of a SIDEQUEST to act one. Just like the dragon. Linda like a bonus level by DLC in a video game. So he probably won't replace anything, just extend the story. And by the description I'd guess that the normal boss of Act 1 will probably open a portal into the nether realms upon his death (if you want to use the sidequest) and you will hunt the Hellspawn there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
but:

Update 29 wrote:
The other goal, we realized, was to be something final. A final enemy. A final challenge. A great climax for the Arcane Portal campaign, something the Heroes should be afraid of. An opponent they would meet after completing Act I (the campaign in the Core Set) and defeating the monstrous creatures there.
so that's why I thought it was integrated into Act I. I may not have read all comments, I admit, so if Ares clarified there, I just may not know.

edit: duh, you're right of course. It says Arcane Portal right there. Lucky are those who can read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think about it both vastyrious and the hellspawn are like those optional bosses in videogames that are usually stronger than the main plot bosses and give you the "best equip" of the games...

In this case they are SIDEQUESTS that you can encounter only when you reach a certain soul rank level (around III or IV for hellspawn because you can meet him after clearing act 1, and around VI VII for vastyrious since you encounter him during act 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
Darklaw90 wrote:
If you think about it both vastyrious and the hellspawn are like those optional bosses in videogames that are usually stronger than the main plot bosses and give you the "best equip" of the games...

In this case they are SIDEQUESTS that you can encounter only when you reach a certain soul rank level (around III or IV for hellspawn because you can meet him after clearing act 1, and around VI VII for vastyrious since you encounter him during act 2)
If Hellspawn is the uber Act 1 Optional Boss... And the Dragon is the uber Act 2 Optional Boss.... What on earth could be the uber Act 3 Optional Boss?!?! What's bigger than a dragon in fantasty? Siamese Dragon? laughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls