4 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Awesome Butcher Fight. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Coming back home after the last pre-nemesis hunt I wasn't too keen on the Butcher coming up. I'd gotten one fully armored Lion armor set and had a shield on him to tank a bit, but everyone else was in cloth waistbands because I'm trying to Leather up another survivor before going into any other armor.

I was afraid that I'd be seeing a TPK unless I hit hard and fast.

Then, lo and behold! The year's event turned up Shining Lights!

This...was a game changer.

The lights give a choice of +1 or +2 on all endeavor rolls. The first endeavor selection on the event requires graves - which I possessed. On a 6+ roll on that endeavor event, an insane survivor gains 3 armor on each location if he departs this year.

I possessed exactly 3 insane survivors. All three made the roll to spare.

Holy Raptor Jesus, all praises to Cthulhu!

Started that fight with one tank rocking 4 hit at each location, and three others with 4 on the waist and 3 everywhere else.

We kicked ass. Took a while, and one went deaf due to a Bite AI and more than a few random disorders being handed out and a shitload of frenzy going off, but we took him down without losing a single man.

But, it got even better.

Cat's eye amulet started working overtime near the end. Right before the last wound killed him it turned up Furious Scrag, the awesome bonus death blow hit location. Attack, hit. Wound...and hit.

+1 Evasion to everyones! Yaaaay! (Accuracy bonuses are easier to get, so I went evasion.)

Now for the rewards roll. Death blow adds +2 to the roll. Level 1 butcher makes it a +3.......and the roll comes up natural 10.

That's right ladies. Forsaker Mask drop. Ohhhhhh yeah. Cash that in for Mask Maker.

Best Butcher fight I've ever had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
IASeldon wrote:
So you are taking the phrase “Once per Settlement Phase” to mean each survivor can use this once per phase not that the Endeavour can be used once in total each Settlement Phase.

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
IASeldon wrote:
So you are taking the phrase “Once per Settlement Phase” to mean each survivor can use this once per phase not that the Endeavour can be used once in total each Settlement Phase.

Phoenix
You make me sad.

That was a mis-read on my part. I totally boffed there.

In my defense, however, most of the attacks went against my shielded lion armor tank, the few times the Butcher did go after others should have likely ended up with a few more severe injuries...but they likely would have spent dodge to avoid those and each survivor without the armor was rocking a dried acanthus. As penance, i will archive those three gear consumables.

...it was still a cool fight. Kicked the shite outta him for once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Aww man. I didn’t mean to make you sad. You definitely deserve a celebration after defeating the Butcher. It took me many failed attempts to achieve that.

As penance for your sadness I drew Murder yesterday and my two highest peeps (with weapon proficiency and everything) were killed. Kharma!

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls