Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 04 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
3 games in, and this is worth the effort. I am shocked that the rulebook is still such a mess, however. Where is the updated edition?!

Questions:

1. It is legal for multiple players to take the same action? I.e. can you gather resources twice? It seems that for some scenarios it is impossible to gather enough if only one player gathers each round.

2. When building, can one player build multiple items if you have the resources? I.e. can I build a shelter and an invention in the same round? Again, next to impossible if this isn't allowed.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with red!Microbadge: Arch Linux userMicrobadge: Frölunda Indians fanMicrobadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: Half-Life series fan
Been a while since RC hit the table, but as far as I remember you can take same action multiple times.

However, you cannot gather resources twice in the same hex. You cannot build something that requires something that you build the same round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toms Leikums
Latvia
Jelgava
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Beer fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Copper Geeklister
Yes, it is allowed. But as Kristoffer wrote - you can't go to one place (hex) to gather resources (and remember that going to further hexes from your camp cost more workers), and you can use building (also exploring) action multiple times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I design games for the love of itMicrobadge: Rules Addict - I read rules before I go to bedMicrobadge: Saaremaa fanMicrobadge: Rules TranslatorMicrobadge: Rachel Simmons fan
Soldier wrote:
1. It is legal for multiple players to take the same action? I.e. can you gather resources twice?
Yes but it is illegal to gather from the same source twice. (Twice from the same hex is okay if there are two sources on that hex.) Edit: dealing with any one event card can only be done once though.

Quote:
2. When building, can one player build multiple items if you have the resources?
Yes but each building action needs pawns assigned. Therefore, two building actions per player is the maximum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Ice Cream loverMicrobadge: El Greco fanMicrobadge: The Dresden Files fan
It wasn't specifically asked so you probably already knew, but just to make sure you've got everything straight here: It is also allowed to take actions with one pawn each from two different players (or even more if the action asks for more pawns, for example if you do an action far away from your camp). It is not actually the players who take the actions, it's the pawns that do. Take advantage of this whenever you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 04 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Further questions:

For gather resources you have to choose only ONE resource of a hex, rather than getting resources for the whole hex?

For building, you can only build one invention per pawn (unless two are assigned)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
muwins.ch
Microbadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures RPG fanMicrobadge: mit uns würd' ich nicht spielenMicrobadge: Too Many Bones fanMicrobadge: Fallout series fan
Soldier wrote:
Further questions:

For gather resources you have to choose only ONE resource of a hex, rather than getting resources for the whole hex?

For building, you can only build one invention per pawn (unless two are assigned)?
Yes and yes. You only get both resources on the hex of your camp. And you assign pawns to specific building tasks, of which they can only do one (either alone or in two).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Ideas are bulletproof
badge
I think, therefore I am, I think
Microbadge: Belfort fanMicrobadge: Agricola fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Eclipse fan
Soldier wrote:
Further questions:

Correct. If you want another resource from a hex you need another pawn (or a pair of pawns for automatic success).

Soldier wrote:
You can have any number of pawns (or pairs of pawns for automatic success) doing different building actions. Also you can improve the roof / palisade or weapons level more than one step / turn, using multiple building actions (and of course multiple pawns).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
Microbadge: 'blank'Microbadge:  Microbadge: 99 Flake loverMicrobadge: #F5F5FF fanMicrobadge:
Soldier wrote:
3 games in, and this is worth the effort. I am shocked that the rulebook is still such a mess, however. Where is the updated edition?!

Zman didn't understand the need to improve the rulebook and even added some new errors.

The German publishers did rewrite the rules more clearly.

I agree that a new English language rulebook is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls