12 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: Destroy! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Risk Legacy had a bit in the rules specifically explaining that 'destroy' meant, well, destroying, as opposed to just setting aside or otherwise not actually destroying a game conponent.

Unless I've missed it (only up to April so far), PL's rulebook coyly neglects to go into details about what we're supposed to do when instructed to destroy a component.

Considering the raging threadwars on the subject in the case of RL, perhaps this was a wise move.

Eco

Edit: my gf and I rip them up. I rip them in hakf, she rips them into shreds lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My gf didn't take too kindly to me ripping up a card and had to fix it with some tape:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C V
Canada
Ohio
flag msg tools
I set them aside - there's a narrow vertical slot in the game box and I use it for discarded legacy cards, destroyed objectives, etc. They fit nicely and I haven't had to resort to tearing anything in half yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Code Red
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the section under Lost Characters:
Quote:
When your character is lost, destroy (rip up) your Character card.

I think this would imply that anytime you are asked to destroy a card the intent is for you to rip it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Charsi wrote:
They fit nicely and I haven't had to resort to tearing anything in half yet.

You're missing the point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We rip them in half. I'm considering using our paper shredder the next time we have to "destroy" something. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Charsi wrote:

Yeah! How dare someone decide what they want to do with the components they paid for! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
Charsi wrote:

Yeah! How dare someone decide what they want to do with the components they paid for! shake

You can also choose to use a dice deck rather than roll dice. You can do whatever you want - but that doesn't mean that was designed that way.

But the point of this game is the visceral fear and innate resistance to destruction. It adds a massive dire feeling to the events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I see it, if some people want to play a variant where they don't destroy the cards etc, they're perfectly entitled to. It's not different from making houserules in any game. I play it as designed, but there's a reason the variants forums exist. There's nothing wrong with coming up with a houserule that adds to the enjoyment of the people playing a game.

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
chopkins828 wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
Charsi wrote:

You can also choose to use a dice deck rather than roll dice. You can do whatever you want - but that doesn't mean that was designed that way.

But the point of this game is the visceral fear and innate resistance to destruction. It adds a massive dire feeling to the events.

I think my 15-yr-old son must be missing the point, too, then! laugh He looks forward to ripping up every card that requires it, upping his game each time by tearing them into even tinier pieces. He says the next one he plans to take outside and burn. (Uh... no?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Giant
United States
Douglas
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rip them up. Once they're gone, they're gone. Let it go and move on.

There's a Dice Tower review where Jason explains it's quite cathartic for someone obsessed with keeping their games in pristine condition.

I have to agree. It's for the good of your soul to rip up those components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I took the entire box still in the shrink wrap and ran it through a wood chipper, then took the output from that and ran it through a paper shredder.

I'm having a little difficulty figuring out the rules. Can someone help me?

gulp

Spoiler (click to reveal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.