Subject: Grenades and walls. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
When you throw greades next to a wall, does the blast affect the space on the opposite side of the wall? We couldn't seem to figure out what the correct rules were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
paulclarke339 wrote:
When you throw greades next to a wall, does the blast affect the space on the opposite side of the wall? We couldn't seem to figure out what the correct rules were.

There is a similar problem with a grenade thrown to a hex at the base of a castle wall or high cliff; does it effect a figure up on top of the wall or cliff? You could use the engagement rules (i.e., if a figure were standing in the hex would be be in engagement with the target.) but that would require knowning the height of the explosion, but as the grenade has a lob height of twelve maybe that should be considerd the explosions height. By that rule a figure of height less then or equal to the the wall or on a cliff or wall more then twelve level up would not be effected by the explosion.

Of course this is really not covered by the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
The grenade affects all of the figures who are adjacent to the target figure.

Adjacency is determined by the height of the lower figure when two figures are in neighboring hexes.

So a ruin is height 6. If you target Mimring and Grimnak is standing in the hex on the other side of the ruin, then Grimnak would be affected. If a samurai was in the hex, they would no be affected because their height is <= 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.