Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a full on backer for Dungeon Saga. I pledged for the base game and all expansions with addition of all 10 legendary heroes and the Dwarf King's Hold miniatures as well. I think I was just in over 400 $.

When looking at the base game I'm very satisfied. It's a nice book box containing all components and it looks very nice on my gameshelf.

But than I dig down further in my box and I find one additional book box for kickstarter exclusives (?) including expansion books and cards and the heavily commented Adventurer's Companion. And finally two more boxes containing all other miniatures.

However, if I look online and see the nice book box expansion for the Adventurer's Companion and I suspect the other expansions will also receive own gorgeous book box.

wow

So you're telling me I paid slightly less than the retail price only to find out that the discount given to backers was done by leaving out the book box? And I know there was no word on book boxes at the time of the pledge, but even then I would expect a separate box anyway.

So here's the question. Do you guys feel Mantic should offer us backers the empty book boxes in addition to our pledge or at least offer to sell the empty cases? I for one would like to have them anyway.

Edit: my completionist heart is bleeding knowing the retail buyer is getting better value for money. So here's hoping Mantic reads the BGG forums and picks up the idea. I want them book boxes too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as the Kickstarter is concerned Mantics work is done. Of course it would be nice if we could get the book boxes but we are by far not entitled to get them!
I don't feel ripped of because I think the KS was a hell of a deal.
Only Problem is of course all the ExtraStuff. That's where they get you. When you start to want erverything on offer (special dice/ Dice Bag/ acrylic counters/ resin counters) then you are starting to destroy the good deal you were getting (but that's the people's own fault).

If mantic starts selling the book boxes for the expansions they should see that they make money on them because mantic is after all a buissness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fine, but that's exactly why the OP said "SELL" extra boxes
I'd buy at least one more box for the extra stuff uncluding the expansions

PS: I don't think Mantic follows BGG at all. They have their own forum that they have trouble to keep up with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Mackie
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmb
Still waiting for my KS package to arrive but I'd definitely be interested in buying the expansion book boxes, would be more interested in finding out if they're going to fix the adventurers companion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
mbmbmbmbmb
lievenstassen wrote:

So here's the question. Do you guys feel Mantic should offer us backers the empty book boxes in addition to our pledge or at least offer to sell the empty cases?
If by "should" you mean "has a moral or legal obligation", then no.

But it'd be nice.

Of course if they did offer the boxes for sale, I can already hear another batch of backers explaining about how they "should" be giving the boxes away for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that all the nonexclusive stretch goal stuff will be incorporated into the expansions at retail, or is superfluous (like extra enemy models). Had the AC lived up to Mantic's promises we would have gotten a pretty decent deal. As is, though, I think the KS is maybe slightly cheaper than it costs to get at an OLGS, but about the same price you can expect to see the retail editions on the secondary market. Without all the boxes of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
As far as the Kickstarter is concerned Mantics work is done. Of course it would be nice if we could get the book boxes but we are by far not entitled to get them! I don't feel ripped of because I think the KS was a hell of a deal.

Well, I agree that it was a good deal and on the whole I'm satisfied (although I order the acrylic counter upgrade for the nifty ruler and the trap set because it looked nice).

And this is me speaking more from a completionist point of view, which is why I'm hoping more then anything else that we would get the chance to "complete'" our Dungeon Saga collection without having to purchase the retail copies of everything all over again.

actionmackie wrote:
Still waiting for my KS package to arrive but I'd definitely be interested in buying the expansion book boxes, would be more interested in finding out if they're going to fix the adventurers companion
And indeed, if they are selling a retail version of the Adventurer's Companion, I may damn well hope they fixed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lievenstassen wrote:

So here's the question. Do you guys feel Mantic should offer us backers the empty book boxes in addition to our pledge or at least offer to sell the empty cases? I for one would like to have them anyway.
Yes! They should offer to sell the book boxes to backers.
The boxes were "invented" after the campaign ended. But they add a lot of theme to the experience and I look at them as an integral part of the game, personally.
I went all in, but do not have the luxury to be able to find the time to read all updates and watch all videos that appear for various projects I back.
So I did not realize I would be missing out on the boxes.
While the price was lower and delivery has been far earlier than retail, for expansions, I would have gladly waited for the proper version to hit stores instead.

Reading up on the updates now, I see no offer to give a refund for people who pledged originally but would rather have waited, given the new box design. So for that reason:
lievenstassen wrote:

I feel ripped of for having backed the game where as other persons, who can get the game because we backed it enthusiastically are getting better value for money. So here's hoping Mantic reads the BGG forums and picks up the idea.
I feel ripped off too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't feel ripped. The core set is solid (though I would have liked more quests). This I solved by adding the 3 available expansions AND the Black Fortress tile set expansion.

The goal was to get the hardback copy of the AC, which has turned out to be plagued with typos, errata, etc. A big chunk of it (and it's only about 100 pages long) is just a copy/paste of the rules (moot, in my opinion).

As I intended to play it mostly solo, the AC is a disappointment.

Ideally, I woulk like Mantic to release a 1.1 version of the AC, and ship a copy (hardback, softback, whatever) to us backers, thus fulfilling the full potential of the game and appeasing the masses of disgruntled backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds like a great way for them to get more of my money, and I'm happy to give it to them
great products from a great company!!

I'd even pay for another AC with the fixes
the deals got us a lot of Kick A stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Barber
England
Aylesford
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Android userMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: New Mexico State UniversityMicrobadge: Elder Sign Protected!Microbadge: Linux user
Absolutely. Mantic should allow Kickstarter backers the opportunity to purchase the book boxes.

I suspect Mantic will make them available. Preferring new customers at the expense of existing customers was the point of this series of commercials, and I don't think Mantic will go down that route:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls