Popular Tags: [View All]
Timmi T.
Germany
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
Lass mich!
badge
Geh weg!
Microbadge: Rules Addict - I read rules before I go to bedMicrobadge: A Song of Ice and Fire fanMicrobadge: Caverna: The Cave Farmers fanMicrobadge: Mushroom fanMicrobadge: Rick and Morty fan
Hej everyone,

following question is as easy as elementally (maybe stupid?), so... SOS!

Situation:
One hero carries whatever weapon* in his hero's deck with a written regular action as follows...
*e.g. Venda's axes, Fengray' war sword, etc:

Regular action: Deal X damage. You MAY discard up to y whatever cards, to deal +y damgage. Discard the card.

Question:
Do I have to discard the card, here: weapon*, in any event, using this particular regular action.?
Or do I only have to disard the card that is source of the regular action, here again: weapon*, if I choose to deal an additional damage via discarding extra whatever cards?

Thanks for spending time and emotions on my issue folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
Microbadge: Spirit Island: Branch & Claw fanMicrobadge: Cooperative Games fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: 8-ball fanMicrobadge: Shadowrift: Seal the rift!
You must discard the card you are playing, as that is part of the action that you are choosing to do. The "may" applies only to the cards you discard for extra damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sr Perro
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love solo gaming!Microbadge: "Red 5 standing by..."Microbadge: Archipelago fanMicrobadge: V-Commandos fanMicrobadge: Rahdo Runs Through 2016 Super Fan!
Short answer: Yes, you have to discard the weapon when you use its regular action

If I am not wrong you must follow all the steps in the action in order. When you use the regular action of that weapon:

First: Deal X damage
Second: Yo may discard a number of cards to apply the side effects (in general +1 damage per discard card)
Third: You discard the weapon card.

In the example the first and third steps are mandatory when you use the regular action, thus, you have to discard it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmi T.
Germany
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
Lass mich!
badge
Geh weg!
Microbadge: Rules Addict - I read rules before I go to bedMicrobadge: A Song of Ice and Fire fanMicrobadge: Caverna: The Cave Farmers fanMicrobadge: Mushroom fanMicrobadge: Rick and Morty fan
Jon, Senior,

thanks for the quick reply. At least this one seems clear now to me (...hach, good old learning curve)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls