beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I assume that Human Wave units follow the same rules as 'exited' units when they return (weapons fixed, unit in Good Order, non-Veteran/Suppressed).

2. If a Human Wave unit has been affected by Light Wounds it will now be a Team. Is it the intention that the Team returns or should there be the option to replace it with the original Rifle Squad? Or should the Russian player think carefully before using Light Wounds?

3. Can the German player gain immediate victory by drawing Objective Chit V?

4. Battlefield Integrity Event, is this applicable?

5. Walking Wounded Event: Is this unusable for the Russians?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
1. I assume that Human Wave units follow the same rules as 'exited' units when they return (weapons fixed, unit in Good Order, non-Veteran/Suppressed).
Yes, nothing in the Human Waves SSR indicates a change to the rules as written on what happens when a unit voluntarily exits the board. The one slight change is units that are routed off the board are not placed on the casualty track but rather on the next space of the Time Track.

beresford wrote:
2. If a Human Wave unit has been affected by Light Wounds it will now be a Team. Is it the intention that the Team returns or should there be the option to replace it with the original Rifle Squad? Or should the Russian player think carefully before using Light Wounds?
If the Allied Player plays a Light Wounds Action as per the rules the squad is replaced with a team and the squad is returned the counter mix. It is no longer in play. If in a subsequent turn the team is eliminated then only the team goes to the next space of the time track.

beresford wrote:
3. Can the German player gain immediate victory by drawing Objective Chit V?
Sure, what would indicate otherwise? Unless you interpret Objective Chit V to mean that the game is over the instant that objective is revealed. This is a misinterpretation of Obj. Chit V. Obj. Chit V is only applied when the game reaches its end due to a successful Sudden Death roll. If at that time one side controls all the objectives it is declared the winner regardless of the VP totals.

beresford wrote:
4. Battlefield Integrity Event, is this applicable?

Yes, The Axis Player receives no gain from it though since there will never be any Allied units on the casualty track.

beresford wrote:
Yes, because the Allied player will never have units on the casualty track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your responses Bryan. I can't find where dead guys are assumed to have left the map voluntarily. To be fair, I couldn't find it in the CCP Banzai rule either.

I'm afraid that you have misinterpreted chit V, at least according to my copy of the rulebook. AFAIK the following sequence is possible (though unlikely). You start the game by moving a Russian one hex forward and I play a Fire card for a shot with an LMG. I get the 'draw objective' Event and draw V. You draw for Morale Check and get a Time Event. I am the World Combat Commander Champion. You shake my hand and vow to come back next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See 7.2.1 and 7.2.2 for voluntary and involuntary board exits

Here is the relevant section of rule 7.3.2 the regarding Objective Chit V:

immediately prior to each Sudden Death
Roll [6.2.2], if any player controls all five
Objectives that player automatically wins
the game regardless of current VP totals;

You only make a Sudden Death Roll when the Time Marker is the same Time Space as the Sudden Marker or in a Time Space with a higher number than the space occupied by the Sudden Death marker. Since the Sudden Death Marker is in Time Space 7 in this scenario there will be at least 7 Time Advances before your unlikely situation may occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NinetySixer wrote:
Obj. Chit V is only applied when the game reaches its end due to a successful Sudden Death roll. If at that time one side controls all the objectives it is declared the winner regardless of the VP totals.
beresford wrote:
AFAIK the following sequence is possible (though unlikely). You start the game by moving a Russian one hex forward and I play a Fire card for a shot with an LMG. I get the 'draw objective' Event and draw V. You draw for Morale Check and get a Time Event. I am the World Combat Commander Champion. You shake my hand and vow to come back next year.
You're both wrong. Objective Chit V immediately ends the game, without making a Sudden Death roll (so Bryan is wrong), but only if the Time Marker has reached the Sudden Death marker (so Beresford is also wrong).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right about the Sudden Death rule. modest

7.2.1 says what happens to a unit which voluntarily leaves the map and is placed on the Time Track. It doesn't say that the same thing applies to a unit which dies on the map and is placed on the Time Track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct David, I was "wrong" but the critical piece to note is the relation of the Time Marker to the Sudden Death Marker as it relates to Objective Chit V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NinetySixer wrote:
beresford wrote:
Yes, because the Allied player will never have units on the casualty track.
An event can't be "unusable" since you don't use an event, they occur. But there will never be an Allied unit on the casualty track, so if this event occurs for the Allies the Russian player will have to pick an Axis unit to return to play (if any are available).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls