Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Better Living Through ChemistryMicrobadge: GayMicrobadge: Beard fanMicrobadge: Leather Pride
Played our first game, and just had a couple of questions come up:

1) When an adventure instructs you to "gain a bonus trophy", does it have to come from the same adventure deck? The RRG seems to imply yes, but some of the quests have wording that seems to contradict this.

2) Vorakesh's ability to draw a random enemy and trigger a surge ability on it: do you still have to spend the surges to trigger that ability? At first we thought no, but then it seemed incredibly powerful so I thought maybe yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

1) When an adventure instructs you to "gain a bonus trophy", does it have to come from the same adventure deck? The RRG seems to imply yes, but some of the quests have wording that seems to contradict this.

2) Vorakesh's ability to draw a random enemy and trigger a surge ability on it: do you still have to spend the surges to trigger that ability? At first we thought no, but then it seemed incredibly powerful so I thought maybe yes.
No answers, but I was wondering about 2 from the preview.

If the ability doesn't require surges that is very powerful, although I guess they can only do it once per round. Interested to see an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

From the Reference rules, p4. Some adventure cards provide bonus trophies. The hero first takes the adventure card as a trophy, then gains any bonus trophies from the top of the adventure deck.

That said, on page 8. When a hero gains a trophy, he or she takes the top card of the appropriate deck and places it facedown near his or her hero card.

Quote:
p13. Surge Symbols. As a combat action, a player can spend surge symbols from his or her combat pool to trigger a surge ability. The wording of Vorakesh's Raise Dead ability "Randomly select a discarded combat enemy. Trigger any ability on it", suggests that you trigger that ability (ie. have paid for it). However, if it's an X ability, you paid 1.

That said, these things are unclear to me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Better Living Through ChemistryMicrobadge: GayMicrobadge: Beard fanMicrobadge: Leather Pride
Ruud2009 wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

From the Reference rules, p4. Some adventure cards provide bonus trophies. The hero first takes the adventure card as a trophy, then gains any bonus trophies from the top of the adventure deck.

That said, on page 8. When a hero gains a trophy, he or she takes the top card of the appropriate deck and places it facedown near his or her hero card.
That's the thing - it says "from the top of the appropriate adventure deck". And some quests specify which deck and some don't. So do the ones that don't specify mean that you can take it from any deck, or is the "appropriate deck" the matching deck of the card that granted it?

Quote:
wrote:
p13. Surge Symbols. As a combat action, a player can spend surge symbols from his or her combat pool to trigger a surge ability. The wording of Vorakesh's Raise Dead ability "Randomly select a discarded combat enemy. Trigger any ability on it", suggests that you trigger that ability (ie. have paid for it). However, if it's an X ability, you paid 1.

That said, these things are unclear to me too.
Yeah, that's what I thought. But the power of it gave me pause.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Bruder Tod, zu unserem Gastmahl, steig hervor aus Staub und Erden. Alles Leben ist ein Sterben, alles Sterben ist ein Werden.
Microbadge: Golden-hearted hedgehog fanMicrobadge: Classic Portuguese film fanMicrobadge: Italian Futurists fanMicrobadge: Katherine Switzer fanMicrobadge: Bisexual
As for question n.1: considering some adventure cards provide specific info on the color of the extra trophy to gain, when no indication is given, you're free to choose any color you want.

As for question n.2: I agree that it seems like you don't have to pay any further cost. This sounds really brute tho, and possibly worth an FAQ entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No answers, but the old FFG site had a link on the bottom of every page where you could submit questions. Both of these seem like great candidates if the feature still exists.

P.s. Chris, typing up an impressions post based on your session last night? I know I'd be game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 14 of the rules reference says that if the type of trophy is not specified, the hero chooses which type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Anarchosyn wrote:
No answers, but the old FFG site had a link on the bottom of every page where you could submit questions. Both of these seem like great candidates if the feature still exists.

P.s. Chris, typing up an impressions post based on your session last night? I know I'd be game.
Your wish is granted.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20913737
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls