Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just geekmodded a session report that wasn't much more elaborate than "I picked red, my wife picked blue, the game was fun." It was very short and provided little information about the session.
I don't think it was worth any amount of geekgold. Or possibly 0.1 max.
But the minimum amount is 1, and the article didn't featured Poor Structure, Spam, or any other of the reasons that would allow me to decline it.
It's just not consistent with the information I see whenever I post an article: "This is a good post - please consider it for a GeekGold award" - This was not a good post.

With the lack of other options I had to approve it, but if it's that easy to get geek gold, then maybe I should start farming?

I'd like to be fair - if that post was worth 1 geekgold then I need a 100 gold reward option for the ones that are really informative, interesting, and required much effort.

Is there something I'm missing or getting wrong? What should I do in such situations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Apple userMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
haroth9842 wrote:
I have just geekmodded a session report that wasn't much more elaborate than "I picked red, my wife picked blue, the game was fun." It was very short and provided little information about the session.
I don't think it was worth any amount of geekgold. Or possibly 0.1 max.
But the minimum amount is 1, and the article didn't featured Poor Structure, Spam, or any other of the reasons that would allow me to decline it.
It's just not consistent with the information I see whenever I post an article: "This is a good post - please consider it for a GeekGold award" - This was not a good post.

With the lack of other options I had to approve it, but if it's that easy to get geek gold, then maybe I should start farming?

I'd like to be fair - if that post was worth 1 geekgold then I need a 100 gold reward option for the ones that are really informative, interesting, and required much effort.

Is there something I'm missing or getting wrong? What should I do in such situations?
I don't do GeekMod, but from your description, it seems like Poor Structure would have been a good enough reason to decline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoya wrote:
I don't do GeekMod, but from your description, it seems like Poor Structure would have been a good enough reason to decline.
Poor Structure's description is "Overly poor spelling and grammar" - no problems here. It's poor in terms of content, not grammar.

It definitely looks irrevelant to me but Irrelevant's description is "Article is irrelevant to the forum (E.g. Not a review or session report)." - well, it is a session report. A very short, but definitely a report. The same way "I played this game" is a report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Mango
United Kingdom
Cowes
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
That's going to happen, I don't think.
badge
Will I shut the holy hell up?
Microbadge: This mango is off!Microbadge: Mark Rothko fanMicrobadge: I wish I could draw!Microbadge: Paul Klee fanMicrobadge: Geekquestions addict
I reject reports like that as "poor structure" (for want of anything better, such as "too short"), and as such reports do regularly get rejected, I can't be the only one to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Apple userMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
If the description in the OP of the Session Report is a valid Session Report, then I guess "I like this game!" should be considered a valid Review?

It seems sometimes things should be rejected, even if there is not an apparently perfect match for the reason, I would think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
The list of reasons is incomplete. They removed the "provide your own reason" option because apparently it was hurting people's feelings, but I didn't interpret that as changing the standards. Just choose the best reason from a bunch of bad choices.

The description of "poor structure" doesn't even make any sense. Structure is not the same thing as spelling and grammar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd use Poor Structure or perhaps Irrelevant since it is, in fact, not a true session report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the opinions. Up to now I only geekmodded images, and there is a lot more reasons to choose from in that section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls