• [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If he doesn't pay, don't send him the game.

Give him a deadline for the deal to be called off. After deadline passes, re-auction the item or sell second highest bidder.

Setting the auction time is the auctioneer's prerogative.

And report him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
If he doesn't pay, don't send him the game.

Give him a deadline for the deal to be called off. After deadline passes, re-auction the item or sell second highest bidder.
That's well and good, but other people who might have bid on games maybe didn't because of this guy. Or someone who wanted to combine shipping on multiple items might have dropped out because they thought they couldn't win an item this guy bid on. At the very least it'll be harder to sell this later because he can't offer to combine it with other games he's selling (as they sold in this auction). Maybe he can approach the other winners, or the second highest bids, and see if anyone wants the games that this guy abandoned... but it's not kosher to make a bid in an auction and then refuse to honor it. It screws up all sorts of things. Definitely report him.

What's the guy's username? I want to add him to my list of people to avoid in trades and auctions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
he should of offered a bundle buy if he had such a need or offered enough money to not be out-bid.
I was in that situation, I lost my internet connection or something in the middle to a bidding war, lost the bid for the game I actually wanted and got another game* I bid on thinking "why not, for a few bucks extra". I was PISSED, at myself and my computer though and I gladly (and promptly) bought the game I won. Auctions are a contest not a guarantee, your bidder seems to have an abundance of dumb/arrogance.

Maybe contact other bidders on your auction (and I do mean on your other stuff, they may have not bid on those items like the reply above mentions) to see if their interested? And give his name to admins as said above.

*has now sat on my shelf for months without even one play yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet it would be frowned upon if you subscribed to this guy's posts and then followed him to every auction he ever bids on again. And it probably wouldn't be appropriate for you to then post after him with a message about how he fails to buy the items he wins and how the auctioneer should disqualify his bids. That'd be wrong. Totally don't do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls