Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has just completed The Marcy Case, and I wonder...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
...did we spot a long-story element when it was pointed out to us, right at the end, that a certain item was incongruous in the setting? This could set up a possible over arcing story where we are not alone in our endeavours.
Have at it conspiracy theorists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe L.
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I know what you are getting at; however, we did think the same on another part:

In the forest, deep in, there is an attack by two scantly clad zombies seemingly controlled by a third figure. We did debate afterwards if that was going to be a running thread, or if this figure would show up again. However, none of the other "monsters" were really explained either.

Also, keep in mind that my group decided to jump into the Marcy Case BEFORE Asylum, which we still haven't started yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkfate wrote:
I think I know what you are getting at; however, we did think the same on another part:

In the forest, deep in, there is an attack by two scantly clad zombies seemingly controlled by a third figure. We did debate afterwards if that was going to be a running thread, or if this figure would show up again. However, none of the other "monsters" were really explained either.
Missed that, put I was Fiona and mostly avoided being in dangerous places if I could.

Darkfate wrote:
Also, keep in mind that my group decided to jump into the Marcy Case BEFORE Asylum, which we still haven't started yet.
Harking back to Asylum, I don't think I recall anything out of place/time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the end of The Marcy Case

The guy in the helicopter pilot gives you a wink, and in the mission success card, Bob says something along the lines of "I see you met (some name that starts with an R)". I think it's implied he's another time agent. I do suspect that there is a bigger story arc at play that Marcy will be a part of, as well as stuff that was introduced in Asylum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Both scenarios depicted scientists being busy with creating monsters. Another clue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
flag msg tools
Wasn't the thing out of time the DNA test at the end, by the supposed other Time Agent in the helicopter? It could simply have been that agent's mission to make a DNA test possible in 1992, using knowledge from the future? We just finished our final Marcy run tonight, and I'm sure it was even noted on the mission success card that this is what was out of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kikizosan wrote:
Wasn't the thing out of time the DNA test at the end, by the supposed other Time Agent in the helicopter? It could simply have been that agent's mission to make a DNA test possible in 1992, using knowledge from the future? We just finished our final Marcy run tonight, and I'm sure it was even noted on the mission success card that this is what was out of time.
Yes it was, so what's going on behind the scenes? What is Bob not telling us? Dun, dun, dunnnn....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that laptop did not exist (at least in that shape) in 1992. And certainly not in a police desk in a remote city. This means at least two things are outdated. Maybe there are more... I shall check.

Is Bob suggesting that some agents are playing with time.

We don't either know why Marcy is so important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Laguna
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Laura always getting all glitchy on the last moments before the adventure begins, when she's supposed to give us important information seems a little odd too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
leleco wrote:
Also, Laura always getting all glitchy on the last moments before the adventure begins, when she's supposed to give us important information seems a little odd too.
It's not glitchy...it's loss of reception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still very odd though. If the information is important, give it before the loss of reception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls