Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is an Excommunication a reason for Sueing for peace? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Buj
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In our game, Pope excommunicates France (strange, uh?), we are on diplomatic phase and I want to know if France has a reason to sues for peace to Papal player for this excommunitacion.

Thanks in advance!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alberto Buj wrote:
Hi,

In our game, Pope excommunicates France (strange, uh?), we are on diplomatic phase and I want to know if France has a reason to sues for peace to Papal player for this excommunitacion.

Thanks in advance!
HIS Rules 2010, p12, 9.3 Suing for Peace, Step 1 wrote:
A power may not sue for peace unless it has had an army leader or home space (fortified or unfortified) captured by the other power in the conflict.
So no, an excommunication alone is no ground to sue for peace.

You can still agree to end the war amicably by negotiation as usual though.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
Avatar
mb
And just to add to that - if France and the Papacy agrees to end their war, the excommunication is automatically lifted.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember you can pay a card to lift excommunication just like you can pay cards or award vp to end a war.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin B.
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Statalyzer wrote:
Also remember you can pay a card to lift excommunication just like you can pay cards or award vp to end a war.
Plus: when you do that, the Pope can not excommunicate you again.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mgep wrote:
Statalyzer wrote:
Also remember you can pay a card to lift excommunication just like you can pay cards or award vp to end a war.
Plus: when you do that, the Pope can not excommunicate you again.
He cannot do it again no matter how it was lifted (ending war, negotiation or giving a card draw).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Buj
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect!!!!
You answer are all perfect!
You help me so much!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls