Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is contained in the game? While I'm tickled by the idea and am one step or two away from clicking on the $15 deluxe PnP level button, I'd like to know more about the atmosphere of the game. I'm not looking for Munchkin, but I'll be more interested in the game if there's a good deal of humor in it. (I saw a card with a singer and someone putting their hands over their ears - for example)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Saluga
United States
Ramsey
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure you're talking about this game? I haven't seen that card, but all the material I've seen on this game so far does not seem humorous at all. The game seems to lean more towards the serious side of things.

Edited: I just saw the card you're talking about in the Kickstarter video. This may be one of the only humorous cards, but I'll leave Keith to comment on whether that's true or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

There is little humor in the game. I'm not really a fan of that kind of stuff in games, but when it makes sense, I'm okay with it. The obnoxious card is definitely an exception, instead of a rule.

When designing the traits, I needed to try to have them push the character's alignment in either Good, Evil, Chaotic or Lawful. As, buying them pushes your character in one of those 4 directions. This lead to a few cards that are a midge on the humorous side, but the vast majority are serious. Weak, Clumsy, Foolish, Reckless and Obnoxious are probably as "silly" as you get of the 48 cards.

I'll be showcasing more artwork from the game as the KS campaign continues. So, you can judge for yourself.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kmatejka wrote:
Hey guys,

There is little humor in the game. I'm not really a fan of that kind of stuff in games, but when it makes sense, I'm okay with it.

Keith
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls