Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Responsible_Gun_Owners [+] [View All]
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/woman-arrested-pulled-gu...

The lesson here is clear. Smoking can kill you. Not only did James Crutchfield endanger his own life by being a smoker, he also endangered the lives of innocent bystanders, including a 7 year old child.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how many other self defense anecdotes boil down to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoking killed my father, and raped my mother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
It shouldn't be too long before this thread becomes a conversation of the "real" crime that the state confiscated her freedom tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
Microbadge: Classical Music fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Period film fanMicrobadge: I edit my posts incessantly
Why does this insane crap only happen in WalMart parking lots?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
I kept checking for the Onion IRL. Yeesh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
They are the kind of idiots that actually want guns for self defense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
And people wonder why I fought to keep a WalMart out of my neighborhood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
cbazler wrote:
I think the last event where the woman shot at a fleeing shoplifter was a Home Depot. These big box stores are not only killing the small businesses of America they are spreading gun violence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
GameCrossing wrote:
cbazler wrote:
You NIMBY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deleted112516 wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
cbazler wrote:
You NIMBY.
Damn skippy. Last thing I need is people wandering around my neighborhood asking me if I have a light. You forget... I'm a sheeple without a gun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

Damn skippy. Last thing I need is people wandering around my neighborhood asking me if I have a light. You forget... I'm a sheeple without a gun!
Your post actually jogged my memory that my Stepdad was shot in the chest when I was a young kid in the 70's after someone asked him for a light and he didn't have one. It was on a street, not in a parking lot. It was just a 22 and he wasn't seriously hurt. Not sure if it is the whole story though, that is just what he told us how it happened. He might have been less then friendly in his reply when asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just absolutely glorious that the camera was there to catch this racist bitch making shit up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvEGQ4XkDMI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Bass fanMicrobadge: Bass fanMicrobadge: Bass playerMicrobadge: MusicianMicrobadge: Bluegrass fan
Good thing I got my vaporizer the other day. It's to smoke weed though. Never understood why people smoke cigarettes when they can smoke pot. Side effects lead you to be more relaxed and not want to shop at Walmart.

On a side note this lady looks rich, so I'm sure she'll get off. "I'm just an old white woman, look at how threatening this crazy black man is."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
Microbadge: Classical Music fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Period film fanMicrobadge: I edit my posts incessantly
TheChin! wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Your post actually jogged my memory that my Stepdad was shot in the chest when I was a young kid in the 70's after someone asked him for a light and he didn't have one. It was on a street, not in a parking lot. It was just a 22 and he wasn't seriously hurt. Not sure if it is the whole story though, that is just what he told us how it happened. He might have been less then friendly in his reply when asked.
Once back when I used to smoke, I was walking through South Harlem at 2:00 am (don't ask) and a woman asked me for a light. I handed my lighter to her and she proceeded to light her crack pipe, right there in front of me. She passed the lighter back, thanked me, and walked away. I've always wondered if I would have been held culpable if a cop had seen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Competence- It's like a whole new form of cheating!
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
She takes a good mug shot.

You can't minimize that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
cbazler wrote:

Once back when I used to smoke, I was walking through South Harlem at 2:00 am (don't ask) and a woman asked me for a light. I handed my lighter to her and she proceeded to light her crack pipe, right there in front of me. She passed the lighter back, thanked me, and walked away. I've always wondered if I would have been held culpable if a cop had seen...
I was driving with a friend to see a movie in college, when some jackass came flying through a stop sign and totally t-boned the car in front of us, causing it to end up in the ditch. The woman driving the car that was hit was hurt very badly, unconscious and bleeding. We call 911. The idiot that hit her was some guy in high school. It was apparent he was high as a kite. He attempted to go over to her door to drag her out. My friend and I basically had to drag him away before he hurt her.

Then he shoves his cigarette package at me, blubbering about how his dad is already going to kill him and he can't get caught with drugs on him. Yep, it's got cocaine in it. I drop it. The guy goes and stands in the middle of the road looking spaced out. The cops get there and I nod them towards the cocaine. D'oh.

I fucking could have killed the guy for trying to give his cocaine. He seriously thought a complete stranger was going to cover for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
badge
speculative and begging for drama
mbmbmbmbmb
Deleted112516 wrote:
cbazler wrote:

I was driving with a friend to see a movie in college, when some jackass came flying through a stop sign and totally t-boned the car in front of us, causing it to end up in the ditch. The woman driving the car that was hit was hurt very badly, unconscious and bleeding. We call 911. The idiot that hit her was some guy in high school. It was apparent he was high as a kite. He attempted to go over to her door to drag her out. My friend and I basically had to drag him away before he hurt her.

Then he shoves his cigarette package at me, blubbering about how his dad is already going to kill him and he can't get caught with drugs on him. Yep, it's got cocaine in it. I drop it. The guy goes and stands in the middle of the road looking spaced out. The cops get there and I nod them towards the cocaine. D'oh.

I fucking could have killed the guy for trying to give his cocaine. He seriously thought a complete stranger was going to cover for him.
There's a derringer in my family that my grandfather received after he was hit by another car. The driver got out and gave him the gun, saying that he couldn't have it when the police arrived. He went along with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Deleted112516 wrote:
cbazler wrote:

There's a derringer in my family that my grandfather received after he was hit by another car. The driver got out and gave him the gun, saying that he couldn't have it when the police arrived. He went along with it.
Law abiding citizens have to stick together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Offbeat question

If a stand your own law was in effect and you had a gun and had witnessed the whole thing from the start.

Would you pull a gun on her to prevent her from shooting that man?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
North_Wolf wrote:
Offbeat question

If a stand your own law was in effect and you had a gun and had witnessed the whole thing from the start.

No, as she did not shoot him. I would have done what he did, called the peelers.

What is not going to make this situation any better is everyone pulling guns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
North_Wolf wrote:
Offbeat question

No, as she did not shoot him. I would have done what he did, called the peelers.

To be fair to the question, it assumes that you do not know that she will not shoot him.

The idea of stand your ground is to prevent death. So pulling a gun on her after she kills someone and drops her gun, would not an example of that (it would be a form of citizen arrest, and you could do that without a gun) or murder (if you simply shot her at that point).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
North_Wolf wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
North_Wolf wrote:
Offbeat question

To be fair to the question, it assumes that you do not know that she will not shoot him.

The idea of stand your ground is to prevent death. So pulling a gun on her after she kills someone and drops her gun, would not an example of that (it would be a form of citizen arrest, and you could do that without a gun) or murder (if you simply shot her at that point).

Odd then how often (if not the majority) it seems to be used to justify exactly that, a death.

This is one problem with stand your ground, she did not shoot him so pulling a gun on her would have made no difference to that, but does raise the rick of someone getting shot. I also have to wonder (again) how many stand your ground incidents (and remember, this is what she was doing, standing her ground against a perceived attack) did not prevent any shooting as the "criminal" was either no threat or would never have shot.

The difference here, is that she did not shoot and so we know the reality of the threat she was reacting to.

This all of course assume that drawing a gun on her would not cause her to shoot you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
North_Wolf wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
North_Wolf wrote:
Offbeat question

Odd then how often (if not the majority) it seems to be used to justify exactly that, a death.

This is one problem with stand your ground, she did not shoot him so pulling a gun on her would have made no difference to that, but does raise the rick of someone getting shot. I also have to wonder (again) how many stand your ground incidents (and remember, this is what she was doing, standing her ground against a perceived attack) did not prevent any shooting as the "criminal" was either no threat or would never have shot.

The difference here, is that she did not shoot and so we know the reality of the threat she was reacting to.

This all of course assume that drawing a gun on her would not cause her to shoot you.
I firmly believe that stand your ground laws are a bad thing and that is why I am so interested in pondering this.

The crux of the law is that if you see a mentally ill person with a firearm threatening to kill someone that is unarmed, you have the right to shoot and kill that person to save a life. This is the type of situation that the law is designed to deal with it seems.

At the same time the law seems to create situations where the ultimate threat to life (a drawn firearm) is present for dubious reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |