Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sacking after Play or Redeployment of troops

"G.4.3.: Sacking. If the destination is an enterprise with no cubes, it is Sacked [...] This returns the troop to your hand."

Is there a reason, why in the case "Sacking after the play or redeployment of troops" the troop card does not have to be discarded or retreated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this is an error, as it contradicts the previous rulebook and the glossary entry on sacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be nice if Phil could clarify that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you see this? The Living Rules as of this moment are pretty clear:

G.4.3 wrote:
(3) Sacking. If the destination has no Income or Extortion Cubes, it is Sacked, see Glossary.
Glossary wrote:
Sack – If during a Troop Deployment, Regime Change, or Depression an Extorted Enterprise loses all Income and Extortion Cubes (only has Prestige and/or Connection Cubes), then the Enterprise is Sacked (e.g. returned to the owner’s Hand, and the extorting Troop is discarded or Retreated). This happens with mines and banks during a Depression, or with smelters and projects with zero income. The general rule is that an extorted Enterprise must have an Extortion Cube to identify the owner of the Extorting Troop. If this cube is lost, then Sacking occurs. Your own Troops in Enterprises in your Row do not need Extortion Cubes and do not Sack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernhard Vierthaler wrote:

"G.4.3.: Sacking. If the destination is an enterprise with no cubes, it is Sacked [...] This returns the troop to your hand."

Is there a reason, why in the case Sacking after the play or redeployment of troops the troop card does not have to be discarded or retreated?

Yes, the last sentence in G4.3 is in error, and should be crossed out. I have added this deletion to the living rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
Bernhard Vierthaler wrote:

Is there a reason, why in the case Sacking after the play or redeployment of troops the troop card does not have to be discarded or retreated?

Yes, the last sentence in G4.3 is in error, and should be crossed out. I have added this deletion to the living rules.
And I think you should also add: "If the destination is an enterprise with no Income or Extortion Cubes."
Because it will also be sacked if there are just Prestige and/or Connection Cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hanacek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Fox in the box fanMicrobadge: Splotter fanMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fanMicrobadge: Root fan
One quick question: G.4.3 Says: If the destination is an enterprise with no Income or Extortion cubes, it is Sacked (i.e. discarded, see
glossary). And at glossary under the Sack term is statement: The enterprise is returned to the owner’s Hand.

What is correct? After being sacked enterprise is discarded or returned to owner’s Hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Returned to hand is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Returned to hand is correct.
And Troops NEVER go back to hand. Right, Martin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hanacek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Fox in the box fanMicrobadge: Splotter fanMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fanMicrobadge: Root fan
And what about situation when owner's hand is at his limit (5 cards) at this moment? Suppose the statement is true and enterprise is discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hand size only matters for buying (non-Headline/Topple) cards from the market. You can go over when cards go back to hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls